Plexiglass reports to camp... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plexiglass reports to camp...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Canadian Cheesehead

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:37 pm

Bears_Fan wrote:Not that this topic is worth even the original reply I gave it canadian cheesehead is way off. Pitt has NO offense, staley is not a fulltime back, they have no oline, and maddox is injury prone/not that great. All issues outside of Burress's control. Within his control are his bad attitude, bad hands, inability to be the main man like ward, and reluctance to play to his height. I would bet plenty of money Plexico will be similar to last years stats.

A very uneducated and bad comment there. Their o-line was one of the best in the league until injuries came along. Now they have recovered from that and got a tackle. On top of that some say Bettis' downfall was thanks to the o-line, and Bettis-Staley will be nice, staley averaged 4.8 yards last year, look it up. Ward is outstanding and weve got one of if not the best WR trio in the NFL with the shifty El, do-it-all Ward, and big Plaxico. Maddox could carry us through another season. The problem with us last year was our lack of Running resulted in many Cover 2's, and Ward found a way around it, no one else did. I credit a large chunk of our failure to the O-line injuries.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:14 pm

Thanks Nittany and Ngub - before I read your posts I thought I would have to set Mr. Bears Fan right. Beat me to it.

Im with you on this Ngub - there really wasnt a point he wrote that I agreed with.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:31 pm

It's amazing how their passing game became so alive after they dumped K. Stewart's ass. Or at least it was a couple of seasons ago.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Canadian Cheesehead

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:52 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
Bears_Fan wrote:Not that this topic is worth even the original reply I gave it canadian cheesehead is way off. Pitt has NO offense, staley is not a fulltime back, they have no oline, and maddox is injury prone/not that great. All issues outside of Burress's control. Within his control are his bad attitude, bad hands, inability to be the main man like ward, and reluctance to play to his height. I would bet plenty of money Plexico will be similar to last years stats.

A very uneducated and bad comment there. Their o-line was one of the best in the league until injuries came along. Now they have recovered from that and got a tackle. On top of that some say Bettis' downfall was thanks to the o-line, and Bettis-Staley will be nice, staley averaged 4.8 yards last year, look it up. Ward is outstanding and weve got one of if not the best WR trio in the NFL with the shifty El, do-it-all Ward, and big Plaxico. Maddox could carry us through another season. The problem with us last year was our lack of Running resulted in many Cover 2's, and Ward found a way around it, no one else did. I credit a large chunk of our failure to the O-line injuries.

Yup. Plax is simply too big and too athletic to be a bad receiver. Where (on average) has he been going in drafts lately?
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

plaxico

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:54 pm

Okay Okay, my previous comment had a tone that was slightly unwarranted, but i still strongly dispute the facts you guys present. Maddox is okay when not getting hit and when running game is decent but staley(please, his average per carry last year couldn't have been that meaningful or he wouldn't have been the 3rd best rb on a team that wasn't a great running one). Pitt's o-line was hurt, true, but even when healthy they only had a decent running game which I don't think they'll have now, and maddox was still unable to stay healthy. As for Burress, he COULD NOT CATCH LAST YEAR, and maddox strongly favors ward, especially in the red zone, which seems to indicate an improved Burress would be 1000-1100 yards with 5-7 tds, making him a decent 2nd wr and thus in league with another 20-35 okay wideouts. As for plex's athleticism, remeber J.J. stokes, it takes more than size/athleticsm to suceed consistently outside of michigan.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:33 am

I like Plaxico a lot, and I think with his size and skills he could easily have a very nice season. Plus everyone thinks Plaxico is such a greedy money-loving freak, won't it being his contract year push him to perform better? This situation reminds me a lot of Darrell Jackson. Jackson had a nice breakout season, then a down season, then performed extremely well in his contract year. Plaxico can easily do the same, and his ceiling is a lot higher than Darrell Jackson's.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk