Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds

Postby Bears_Fan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:23 pm

I think Dillon will have a great year with a reasonably good o-line surrounding cast, and defense that will get him plent of carries. He had 1300+ yards two years ago and clearly was never fully healthy last year. NE may not have great track record of running with their committiee of collective crap but cold weather and dillon desire to prove cinci wrong should make a good year for the man who had 6-staright 1K seasons.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:28 pm

I do not doubt that he will break 100 yrds, but I also don't see him reaching 1400...that is not the type of offense the pats have. Yes, he will make good of the carries he has, but the team throws over 60% of the time, and since it has obviuosly been working for the past 3 years, i don't expect them to change things just for dillon's sake. Now, however, they have an effective runner to take the pressure of brady, which is essentially all they needed.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:32 pm

bigGAME101 wrote:I do not doubt that he will break 100 yrds, but I also don't see him reaching 1400...that is not the type of offense the pats have. Yes, he will make good of the carries he has, but the team throws over 60% of the time, and since it has obviuosly been working for the past 3 years, i don't expect them to change things just for dillon's sake. Now, however, they have an effective runner to take the pressure of brady, which is essentially all they needed.

I also have this crazy feeling, as stupid as it seems, that Dillon will break 100 yards this year. Yes, somewhere between 100 and 1400 sounds good. a bold prediction Biggame.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:34 pm

Hmmm,
I've made much the same argument elsewhere (not yet posted B4P!).
I'd say with his recieving skills...
1,300-1,400 combined yards, and upwards of 10+ TDs.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Dillon will be at least 1200 at 8-10 tds if playing as usual

Postby Bears_Fan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:35 pm

I really don't see the sense in looking at Pats track record of passing to say dillon won't produce. ESPN's clayton recently said NE 4th quarter game plan is all dilon, they have NEVER since martin had a good rb, and brady is not someone to hang a game on. I think a cold weather team that likes solid defense and cold weather could not be more geared towards wanting to develop a 25-30 carry/game rb. Remember GB before ahman green, favre was the man even when Dorsey was in town, things change.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:40 pm

bigGAME101 wrote:I do not doubt that he will break 100 yrds, but I also don't see him reaching 1400...that is not the type of offense the pats have. Yes, he will make good of the carries he has, but the team throws over 60% of the time, and since it has obviuosly been working for the past 3 years, i don't expect them to change things just for dillon's sake. Now, however, they have an effective runner to take the pressure of brady, which is essentially all they needed.

I'll assume you meant 1000 yards...

I actually looked at the stats last year a few times, and the Pats only threw about 54% of the time (about 540 passes and 470 rushes). The Pats also had 1600 total rushing yards. This was split between two guys which is their rushing "attack" was pretty well disguised.

Since we all assume Dillon will be the feature carrier this year, he really could have a heck of a season. I could see at least 1200 yards from him. How many TD's - that will be the big question.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:00 pm

1400 is definetely a possibility, but I don't know about 10+ TD's. We'll see B-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:52 pm

He certainly has the talent to put up 1,400 yards.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:44 am

1400 total yards from scrimmage. Sure, he'll do that.

10+ TDs, thats the big question. Brady seems to like his TEs in the endzone, and he's got 3 that will see playing time. Also, with that deep WR corps, there's going to be plenty of hands wanting that ball. I'm guessing 7-10 is reasonable to expect, anything over that is icing.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FeArMeNtL » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:10 am

He sucks :-t He did pretty good some games and then he would bomb the next. Usually we call that inconsistant. People look at the 1k yard for 6 years straight, but if you are a FF owner, you don't look for that but the yards per game. Trust me I've been a Bengal fan long enough to see what he can do. He IMO sucked last year and can't run the ball. He tries to run it right up the middle where there is no room and he likes to run right at people instead of running around them for more yardage so I don't know. My expectations on him aren't high this year and if he does good then I have nothing to complain about.
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk