Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Andy1234 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:13 am

FeArMeNtL wrote:He IMO sucked last year.
I don't think you will find too many that would argue otherwise.
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:35 am

Andy1234 wrote:
FeArMeNtL wrote:He IMO sucked last year.
I don't think you will find too many that would argue otherwise.

Anyone fighting serious injuries sucks. See Jerry Porter and Moulds or early season McNabb. A stud RB in a Parcells system is going to get his. For anyone outside of the top 5, TD's are a matter of chance. LT and company can score from their own 20 or inside the red zone. If NE receivers get tackled at the 1 the way Colts receivers did Dillon will put up big time TD numbers.

And unlike others, I do care if my RB puts up 1,000 plus. I know it would be ideal to get 100 yards and 2 TD's every week but this simply does not happen.

Jamal Lewis sucks because he won me 4 games by himself!!! That's why the chargers suck. It takes more than one to win it all.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:47 am

FeArMeNtL wrote:He sucks :-t He did pretty good some games and then he would bomb the next. Usually we call that inconsistant. People look at the 1k yard for 6 years straight, but if you are a FF owner, you don't look for that but the yards per game. Trust me I've been a Bengal fan long enough to see what he can do. He IMO sucked last year and can't run the ball. He tries to run it right up the middle where there is no room and he likes to run right at people instead of running around them for more yardage so I don't know. My expectations on him aren't high this year and if he does good then I have nothing to complain about.

Dillon does not suck, he battled injuries all year and rudi essentially kicked him out. He has been GREAT in real life for many years (excluding last year) and with a VERY good pats team he will be great.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:36 am

I dont like Dillon as a person, but its hard to deny that he was a very, very good RB in Cinci. His inconsistent play in his career cant really be blamed on him as the bengals offense and team in general were pretty pitiful. How is he supposed to get the ball 20 times a game when they are being blown out before half time? There was also several occassions 2 years ago where his inept linemen would fall over at the line of scrimmage and trip him...

You cant use last year as a comparison to how Dillon plays. He tore his groin. There is no way anyone could look good w/ that injury (Moulds had the same thing last year), and being a RB makes it that much worse.

As stated before, the Pats had 1600 yds rushing last season. The top 3 guys (A. Smith, Faulk, and Cloud) had 1400 yds and 8 TDs, while only managing 3.6 ypc. And how many times did we see Brady at the 1 yd line dumping off a pass to a TE or WR? If NE had a better RB, one who could actually get in the endzone, there would have been plenty more opportunities for him

On the flip side Dillon has never had more than 10 rushing TDs in a season (although reached it twice), and has only reached 1400 yds once in his career.

Overall though, being on a team that wont have to depend on him, but certainly can and will against poor running defenses, he should have a nice season. I dont think 1400 and 10 TDs is out of the question for the high-side.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:08 am

Do you want to know who the best RB on the Patriots team is?

I'll let you know.... Cedric Cobbs, rookie from Arkansas. He is a first round talent that fell in the draft b/c of an injury and attitude problems. If he plays up to his potential then he will be a beast. Combination of speed and power. You Dynasty owners know what I'm talking about. If Dillion doesn't play up to par then this kid will be ready. Coach Bill will have him ready soon and he is there future IMO.

Nope, not a Dillon fan.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Dillon will be at least 1200 at 8-10 tds if playing as usual

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:16 am

Bears_Fan wrote: and brady is not someone to hang a game on.

Are you serious? Brady's one of the most clutch QB's in the league. You don't win two Super Bowl's by folding under pressure with no running game.

As far as Dillon goes, I think he'll have a good season, but I wouldn't expect him to top anything he's already done with the Bengals. For those worried about the Pats' offense affecting him, remember that Antowain Smith had like 1,200 yards and 12 TD's with the Patsies a couple of years ago.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby roninmedia » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:38 am

remember him?

Antowain Smith

1157 yards and 12 TDs in the first year the Pats won the superbowl.

I easily see Dillon breaking these numbers. Dillon is a much better player than Smith. Weis will incorporate the running game in.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:55 am

Dillon is a whining pain in the ass, but he is talented. He could get those numbers, but you have to remember that one of the things that makes NE successful on offense is the way they spread the TD love around. It makes for great football, but crappy fantasy football. I think the combined yards will be there, but I doubt he will reach 10 scores.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:55 am

roninmedia wrote:remember him?

Antowain Smith

1157 yards and 12 TDs in the first year the Pats won the superbowl.

I easily see Dillon breaking these numbers. Dillon is a much better player than Smith. Weis will incorporate the running game in.

Exactly, Belichik has been waiting to get a solid, running game going again to balance his offense. It's odd how an older player gets rejuvinated when he goes to a new team a-la emmit smith (ok bad analogy) but it's true
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:42 pm

How long do you think it will take before Coach B and Dillon get cross with each other? I give it into week 6.

The Patriots offense is predicated on spreading the ball around via the passing game and with Brady just starting to peak, I don't know why that would change. Will he top 100 yds a few times this year, yes. I look for about 1200 yards from him this year and maybe, maybe 8 scores.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk