Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:54 am

Redskins Win wrote:
roninmedia wrote:remember him?

Antowain Smith

1157 yards and 12 TDs in the first year the Pats won the superbowl.

I easily see Dillon breaking these numbers. Dillon is a much better player than Smith. Weis will incorporate the running game in.

Exactly, Belichik has been waiting to get a solid, running game going again to balance his offense. It's odd how an older player gets rejuvinated when he goes to a new team a-la emmit smith (ok bad analogy) but it's true

Im in this camp. Dillon will have a huge yr and be one of the best fantasy #2 RBs you can get.

As for those who see NE as a passing ball control team - team strategy adjusts to the players at their disposal. Coach B will use Dillon much more than he used his RBs last yr. Do you really think those short and goal situations will still be passing attempts with a RB as good as Dillon behind Brady?

Also - you have to have a longer memory than 1 yr ago fellas - Dillon is a stud. Always has been. So what if he whined about shouldering a terrible team his entire career. He has that right. Now's his chance to win a SB with a contender.

1400 and 12 is not out of reach at all. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:06 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Also - you have to have a longer memory than 1 yr ago fellas - Dillon is a stud. Always has been.

His career stats certainly are nothing to sneeze at but near as I can tell, he's had 3 above average years and 4 average years rushing and has averaged a little over 6 TDs per year. Don't know if those are stud numbers per se.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:42 am

MadScott wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Also - you have to have a longer memory than 1 yr ago fellas - Dillon is a stud. Always has been.

His career stats certainly are nothing to sneeze at but near as I can tell, he's had 3 above average years and 4 average years rushing and has averaged a little over 6 TDs per year. Don't know if those are stud numbers per se.

take out last year and add his receiving TDs, and he actually averages 8 TDs a year and roughly 1500 total yds, which is pretty darn respectable on some pretty terrible teams
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:50 am

Flux......really cool sig. pic! ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:58 am

mnheadliner wrote:Flux......really cool sig. pic! ;-D

Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:59 am

Flux wrote:take out last year and add his receiving TDs, and he actually averages 8 TDs a year and roughly 1500 total yds, which is pretty darn respectable on some pretty terrible teams

But the thing is you really can't dismiss last year. He's set to hit that magic age of 30 this year and has had recurring hamstring problems.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:06 am

MadScott wrote:
Flux wrote:take out last year and add his receiving TDs, and he actually averages 8 TDs a year and roughly 1500 total yds, which is pretty darn respectable on some pretty terrible teams

But the thing is you really can't dismiss last year. He's set to hit that magic age of 30 this year and has had recurring hamstring problems.

Im going to have to disagree w/ you.

Paul Brown Stadium had the worst field in the entire nfl. The grass (if it was there) came up anytime anyone made a cut. Dillon pulled his groin on this crappy turf (which has now been replaced w/ the artificial grass hybrid stuff). Moulds also pulled his groin on the same turf last season, and it was actually rated the worst playing surface by all nfl players.

I really dont think you can blame last year on Dillon. Its not like he broke down, he was just an unfortunate victim of a terrible field (which many in the past have also been). If it would have been an ACL tear or something of that nature, i would agree, but to me this was a freak incident
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:11 am

Flux wrote:Im going to have to disagree w/ you.

Paul Brown Stadium had the worst field in the entire nfl. The grass (if it was there) came up anytime anyone made a cut. Dillon pulled his groin on this crappy turf (which has now been replaced w/ the artificial grass hybrid stuff). Moulds also pulled his groin on the same turf last season, and it was actually rated the worst playing surface by all nfl players.

I really dont think you can blame last year on Dillon. Its not like he broke down, he was just an unfortunate victim of a terrible field (which many in the past have also been). If it would have been an ACL tear or something of that nature, i would agree, but to me this was a freak incident

I'm not trying to blame last year on Dillon at all, but I just don't think you can summarily throw out last year. He's entering his 8th year in the league which is long in the tooth by RB standards. I'm certainly not saying he's broke down, I'm simply saying that he's a RB that has over 2,000 career touches and that pounding is going to start multiplying. Is he capable of having a career year, yes, but history shows that RBs start falling off dramatically when they reach his age.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flux » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:20 am

just to give a couple examples

C. Martin at over 2000 career touches had over 1800 total yds and 14 TDs in 2001

and

Emmitt Smith at the age of 30, had over 1500 total yards and 13 TDs in 1999, and at that point he had 3329 career touches

and

last year Priest turned 30, and we saw what he did

I do agree that 30 is usually the falling off point for RBs, but it is not always the case. More times than not its b/c there is a younger runner who the coaches feel can produce more. That is not the case in NE where they traded a 2nd rd pick for Dillon and really have no potential behind him. Faulk is a 3rd down RB, Cloud is a joke, and Cobbs is a couple years away from being able to start
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:36 am

I pulled a groin at the age of 18 playing futbol. It puts you out some time but it is not a recurring injury. I would also like to think I was not broke down at that point :-)

You have some high standards if you want to call Dillon an average back. Anyway feel free to steer clear of him... Parcells disciples certainly do not like running the football :-?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk