Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon- 1400 yds 10+ tds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikcou » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:35 am

Flux wrote:I dont like Dillon as a person, but its hard to deny that he was a very, very good RB in Cinci. His inconsistent play in his career cant really be blamed on him as the bengals offense and team in general were pretty pitiful. How is he supposed to get the ball 20 times a game when they are being blown out before half time? There was also several occassions 2 years ago where his inept linemen would fall over at the line of scrimmage and trip him...

You cant use last year as a comparison to how Dillon plays. He tore his groin. There is no way anyone could look good w/ that injury (Moulds had the same thing last year), and being a RB makes it that much worse.

As stated before, the Pats had 1600 yds rushing last season. The top 3 guys (A. Smith, Faulk, and Cloud) had 1400 yds and 8 TDs, while only managing 3.6 ypc. And how many times did we see Brady at the 1 yd line dumping off a pass to a TE or WR? If NE had a better RB, one who could actually get in the endzone, there would have been plenty more opportunities for him

On the flip side Dillon has never had more than 10 rushing TDs in a season (although reached it twice), and has only reached 1400 yds once in his career.

Overall though, being on a team that wont have to depend on him, but certainly can and will against poor running defenses, he should have a nice season. I dont think 1400 and 10 TDs is out of the question for the high-side.

I agree ;-D
mikcou
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk