Deep Deep Sleeepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deep Deep Sleeepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:35 am

Ergh, Quincy Wilson and Jamel White have already been brought up...

I don't know if I like Wilson in '04, but he'll be high on my list in '05, methinks. Between Warrick Dunn's injuries and T.J. Duckett's plain 'ol crappiness, it shouldn't be hard for Wilson to at least get an opportunity. I think that Warrick Dunn is a nice fit in Atlanta next year, though.

I like Jamel White simply because I don't like any of the other RBs on Tampa's roster outside of Mike Alstott - and Alstott is recovering from a pretty significant injury.

As for my own little sleeper, I'll go with Eric Parker. It's a total crapshoot as to who will be the "go-to" guy in San Diego and I think that Parker has the most talent. I even owned him for a couple weeks last season - he was looking to become a decent backup until he suffered an injury. I'm not really shooting for a San Diego WR on my team, but if I ever get desperate enough to do so, Parker is my man.

Edited to Add: Looking back, you probably don't give a rats ass to know my WR sleeper prediction.

My other RB sleeper prediction - how 'bout Josh Scobey? Denny Green obviously doesn't like Marcel Shipp and Emmitt Smith surely won't get things done - why not give the Scobey d00d a chance, eh?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:40 am

cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:48 am

'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:02 am

Dooht!!! Did'nt do the proper research. You win. :-P Anyway glad to pick him up in round 17.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:43 am

I'd call Mike Anderson of Denver a borderline deep sleeper. It was just 3 years ago that he had tremendous success as a primary rusher in that system before Portis was there. I've heard rumblings he's dropped lbs. and could be poised to reclaim that job.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:02 am

Maurice Morris or Kerry Carter anyone? If Alexander goes down I could put up 1000 yards behind that line, think of what these 2 could do.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:23 am

Tyrone Wheatley..... he hit some good games near the end of last year and it looks like he will be the starter in Oakland. Not the deep sleeper but one that should not be overlooked.

One more, Michael "Burner" Turner.... Tomlinson's backup. Tomlinson has been very lucky and not had an injury take him out for a long time. He is due and Turner is a solid rookie that could produce for the lonely Chargers.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cupertino_11 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:15 am

I'll agree with Cuna's mention of Josh Scobey. Emmitt's done and Shipp isn't all that. Scobey's got the best speed and the toughness to go along with it. Denny has to notice that.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:28 am

I agree with cheese on the two seattle backs... that line is unbelievable, I think either one could put up great numbers behind it... I would want it to be Kerry Carter tho since he is a Canuck...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:43 am

Ontarrio Smith on the Vikes. I like Bennett's speed, and he is the veteran starter, but I think it is only a matter of time before they realize Smith is the complete package.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk