Where to take Moss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where to take Moss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:21 pm

Now with Ricky out of the picture, Moss is a guarantee 8th at latest choice.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Have you thought about Daunte?

Postby tds04 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:24 pm

Like you, I have the 10th pick in a ten team league. Unfortunately, I also have the 10th pick in the second round as well! I am not sure what number pick you have in the second round of your draft but from my position Daunte Culpepper looks like a pretty sweet pick if he's still there at number 10 in the first round. I like him because he will add some pop to my running game which, because of my early draft slots, will probably be a notch or two below the running back crews of most the other owners in my league. Also with Daunte you don't have to worry about playing musical quarterbacks. Just draft Ferrotte for insurance and pick up a fill in QB on the bye-week.
Moss is obviously capable of posting monster stats but I don't think he will be significantly more valuable than the next four or five receivers on the board. In fact, the NFL is loaded with many other WRs who should have very productive seasons. Guys like Coles, Holt, Owens, Ward, and Santana Moss should be great. I even think Rod Smith could have a big year without Shannon Sharpe around, and the lack of a proven ground game, without Portis around. I'd like to know where you are in the second and third round of your league and what your plans are.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Have you thought about Daunte?

Postby tds04 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:26 pm

Like you, I have the 10th pick in a ten team league. Unfortunately, I also have the 10th pick in the second round as well! I am not sure what number pick you have in the second round of your draft but from my position Daunte Culpepper looks like a pretty sweet pick if he's still there at number 10 in the first round. I like him because he will add some pop to my running game which, because of my early draft slots, will probably be a notch or two below the running back crews of most the other owners in my league. Also with Daunte you don't have to worry about playing musical quarterbacks. Just draft Ferrotte for insurance and pick up a fill in QB on the bye-week.
Moss is obviously capable of posting monster stats but I don't think he will be significantly more valuable than the next four or five receivers on the board. In fact, the NFL is loaded with many other WRs who should have very productive seasons. Guys like Coles, Holt, Owens, Ward, and Santana Moss should be great. I even think Rod Smith could have a big year without Shannon Sharpe around, and the lack of a proven ground game, without Portis around. I'd like to know where you are in the second and third round of your league and what your plans are.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk