chambers or javon walker? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

chambers or javon walker?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shockers » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:50 am

this obviously is a good question since we are hearing a case for both sides. chambers had a quote in the off season saying, "i feel no defender can stop me." the guy has confidence and has been playing well. now he has a threat on the other side of the field.

i think javon has big upside this year after coming on strong in the second half and coming into his third year in the league. also, it sounds like he is going to be favre's favorite target this year.

imo chambers goes before javon in most drafts. if you are still looking for a wr on your next pick, you may get lucky and get both.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

WR question

Postby kvnhbbrd » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:19 am

Chambers has alittle bit more upside than Walker. Chambers will get TD while walker could see decent yards. I wouould and probably will go with Chambers in my league.
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DeadLettuce » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:22 am

Personally, I wouldn't consider a GB WR unitl a few games into the season. Although they spread the ball around too much for any one receiver to be a stud, Favre seems to find a new favorite every year, and he will then put up decent numbers. Schroeder, then Driver, then Walker. Purely up to Favre in my mind, and that will not be known until a few games into the season. I stole all of these players as Free Agents in these years and they did very well for me.
"Goin' bandit, Reynold's-style!"
DeadLettuce
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VaderFin » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:55 pm

Just as a point of reference.....currently in ESPN drafts Chambers is going at an average pick of 49th and Walker 66th.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Chambers

Postby kvnhbbrd » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:04 am

Chambers will be the TD receivr in Miami, while Walker is going to split with the other receivers.
Go with Chambers for max points.
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MeShawn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:02 am

Chambers. He's more proven
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:51 am

I agree with you MeShawn. Chambers has done it and Walker is still in the "showing glimpses" stage. I know that everyone is so high on Boston but he's way too much of a head case so I don't see Chambers production dropping off too much with him there. Walker may very well emerge but they do spread the ball around so darn much and the offense is running through Green more and more. Heck if you could run the ball and average over 5 yards a carry as a team, wouldn't you stick with that?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby recmccl » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:10 am

With the recent news of R. Williams retiring. I'd wait and see who Miami tries to trade for. But right now, I'd take Walker over Chambers.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:02 pm

recmccl wrote:With the recent news of R. Williams retiring. I'd wait and see who Miami tries to trade for. But right now, I'd take Walker over Chambers.

Nah I'd take Chambers with the recent news honestly. The emergence of a big time run game almost always hurts the passing game. Ahman had the biggest year running the ball since he's been in Green Bay. Favre had his worst year in passing yards since Ahman Green has been there. Coincidence?

I wonder how this affects the QB situation in Miami. Wannstedt may just decide to throw Feely into the fire right away now.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Walker/Chambers

Postby Bears_Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:01 pm

Lol, I think the implicatin of all the debate on GB WR depth chart shows what everyone living in wisconsin knows is obvious. It don't mean shit because favre throws to everyone a lot(guess who was the #1 wr technically when he came back from neck injury last year...driver). OBviously favre still has some gas in the tank but as long as green is the man...and he is...it will be difficult for any one GB wr to conistently put up good numbers. Walker is deep/td threat, but with all wr, consistency will be the true. key.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk