Breakout Players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breakout Players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Greed and Sleepers

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:26 pm

DraftDodger wrote:Look for those guys that coaches bend over backwards to put in the game.

Just had a twisted image of Andy Reid bending over backwards... :-P :*) LOL Good points, although Moulds is consistent with having a good year followed by a sub-par year, followed by a good year...not imho a star player, butwill produce for you. And I gotta agree with your analogy of Bo Knows Jackson. Did anyone ever see the run he broke on the bengals for 92 yards from scrimmage? Incredible athlete, al-star baseball player, incredible football player. He had 850 yards in methinks six games one season. Not much now, but amazing back then. Also holds monday night football's record for most rushing yards in one game. Uh-oh, Im starting to become a football geek again! ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:51 pm

MadScott wrote:
Flux wrote:I wasnt hating on you, i was just pointing out that S. Moss hadnt "constantly emerged through the year" is all.

I got you dog. I guess constantly emerged wasn't the best term to use. I grabbed him early on the WW last season and rode him through that incredible 10 game stretch that he had. Exciting player but I do believe folks have him a little overhyped this year.

Agreed. One magazine I saw had him ranked 3rd of all WRs 8-o .
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:51 pm

Smizzy wrote:Let's not forget that moss was working with Testaverde and with no #2 WR to help him out & when Chad came back they never really clicked.

Pretty sure Moss had 96 yards and a TD in Chad's 1st game back, 121 and 3 TDs in his 2nd game back, and 146 yards and a TD in his 3rd game back.

These are just stats from memory so if they are off it's my mistake.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smizzy » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:05 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Smizzy wrote:Let's not forget that moss was working with Testaverde and with no #2 WR to help him out & when Chad came back they never really clicked.

Pretty sure Moss had 96 yards and a TD in Chad's 1st game back, 121 and 3 TDs in his 2nd game back, and 146 yards and a TD in his 3rd game back.

These are just stats from memory so if they are off it's my mistake.

5 YD slants hardly count as clicking for me...i watched them(season Tix) miss alot of passes,most of them past 10yds....and once the double teams came....the 5yd slants were gone and so was the TD magic.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk