wrs 6-10 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

wrs 6-10

Moderator: Football Moderators

wrs 6-10

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:02 pm

assuming CJ, moss, harrison, ward and TO are gone, who is worthy of the next picks? ive got some guys in mind but none of them sound too inviting.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:24 pm

Coles
Mason
Horn
-----
Moulds
DJax
SMoss
SSmith

I think there is a 2nd teir after the top 5 of Coles, Mason, and Horn - after those you have guys who broke out last yr but have serious questions on whether they can do it again.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:31 pm

sorry, misread it first, and assumed Tory Holt was in that top 5. If not, he's clearly your best choice.

#6 Ward - he could easily play better than CJ this year depending how much Palmer sturggles early in the season.
#7 Mason - very underrated, and can usually be had in the second round
#8 Coles - equal value to mason, slightly more injury risk and wont last past 3rd round, but worth the pickup mid-late 3rd.
#9 Horn - he's getting older, but Brooks gets better every year, and a helathy #2 WR will help draw coverage to keep him good this year.
#10 S. Moss/D-Jax/S. Smith - These three guys are really too on par to rank any one of them as the definite #10. I wouldnt feel particularly well about having any as my #1 WR, but would love either of them at #2.

Other notables:

Moulds - Will bounce back, but how much? Lee Evans developement as a #2 WR is crucial for Moulds.

Price - He's being taken way to high for an underperformer with an overrated QB, but you might get lucky and someone slips because Price is taken late 3rd/early 4th.

Andre Johnson/Boldin - too young to trust as #1 WRs, though Johnson has a chance of falling far enough that he's worth picking up.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:32 pm

alrite thanks guys, those were basically the guys i had in mind. i just wanted a second opinion on it. thanks
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Wr 6-10

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:58 pm

QUOTE: think there is a 2nd teir after the top 5 of Coles, Mason, and Horn -
THere is a 2nd tier after top 5 harrsn/owen/cj/war/holt and horn isn't in it. Steve smith is faster with better offense than horn and in his prime. After top 5 id say coles/mason/smith are next three key gusy. Horn is overrated, injures, brooks sucking, and deuce, should all make him 10-15 slot.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:51 pm

I agree with Bear's fan. Horn is on the decline. He has never been a TD guy. Last year's total was a fluke. I think he got almost half of them running up the score against a Giants team that tried to wave the white flag in the first quarter. He has always been a consistent yards guy, but even that slipped last year. If you factor the yardage slip and take out the fluke TD game, you get a better idea of what he will do this year. Somebody in your draft will take him too early based on name recognition . . .don't be that guy.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk