Return to Football Talk

Qbs 3-10

Moderator: Football Moderators

Qbs 3-10

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:02 pm

AFter vick/culpepper/manning/ qbs 3-10 or 12 seem very close talent wise. I see
culpepper-best run/pass td combo in league
vick-nowhere near manning passing wise but run tds make = in td league
manning-best pure passer, but consistency questions beginning to emerge from boom and bust games
hasselbeckyoung/good offense that is run and pass geared
green- with holmes/ o-line his wrs will be sufficient
pennington-young and mccarein should be key
mcnaab-inconsistent and runs less
favre-ahman green is top option now especially in red zone
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:24 pm

I would take McNabb before Vick. He is going to finish ahead of Vick. Wait and see!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:27 pm

culpepper
manning
vick
hasselback
mcnabb
green
pennington
mcnair
brooks
farve
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:54 pm

I love how everyone says after the top 3 QBs because they are so clear cut yet everyone still manages to disagree on them... That being said Vick is only a top 3 QB healthy. With his playing style I don't see how he's ever going to last a full year.

Here's mine:

Manning
Culpepper
McNabb
Hasselbeck
Vick (if healthy)
McNair (if healthy)
Green
Penny
Brooks
Favre

Top 10 wannabes
Bulger
Brady
Plummer
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:18 pm

[quote="RWLongy4"]I love how everyone says after the top 3 QBs because they are so clear cut yet everyone still manages to disagree on them... That being said Vick is only a top 3 QB healthy. With his playing style I don't see how he's ever going to last a full year.

I agree with this in a sense;I can't see him playing a whole year.I don't know why anyone in their right mind would pick Vick any higher than you would,say,Plummer.What's he ever done?He's shown potential.So did Ryan Leaf,Cade McNown,Drew Brees(Chargers are really bad at this aren't they?)and hundreds of other "potential"stars.Sure,athleticism counts for something,but I'm taking McNair in the 6th instead of Vick in the 1st or 2nd.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:43 pm

All this hype about Vick is reminiscent of Kordell Stewart years back. Very athletic and supposedly very talented. But wait! you actually have to perform to be considered a top 3 fantasy QB.
Vick had one good season, NOT great season, good season.
But I think the jury's still out on him.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:45 pm

No, even Healthy Vick wouldn't be the top 3 QB unless McNabb was injured.

Every year McNabb has put up more points per game than Vick. Vick only finished ahead of McNabb in 2002 because McNabb played 10 games. McNabb was averaging roughly 5 points above Vick per game, that's 60 more points at the end of the season. So, yeah the 3rd QB should be pretty clear cut, but Vick's/McNabb's injuries the past 2 years have masked how consistently better than Vick McNabb has been.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jumpman8828 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:20 pm

maddog60 wrote:No, even Healthy Vick wouldn't be the top 3 QB unless McNabb was injured.

Every year McNabb has put up more points per game than Vick. Vick only finished ahead of McNabb in 2002 because McNabb played 10 games. McNabb was averaging roughly 5 points above Vick per game, that's 60 more points at the end of the season. So, yeah the 3rd QB should be pretty clear cut, but Vick's/McNabb's injuries the past 2 years have masked how consistently better than Vick McNabb has been.

Yep. Vick has shown "potential" and in order to be a top 3 QB you gotta take that potential and turn it into numbers.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mcnaab

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:41 pm

I almost forgot to add bulger and mcnair who I would put into the mix in the 7-11 range with mcanir slightly higher. But the real reason im reposting is you guys WAY overrate Mcnaab. He's NEVER been a consistent fantasy threat and vick just has to repeat his running numbers to be the top point getter in most leagues. Mcnaab is running less and is good not great pocket passer with some health issues.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:32 pm

All being said...would you take Vick in...say,the 6th round if he was there?I would have to give it serious consideration. :-?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk