FF Today Stat Compiler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FF Today Stat Compiler

Moderator: Football Moderators

FF Today Stat Compiler

Postby Portishead » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:19 pm

I was checking out the FF Today compiler today and Antonio Gates ends up at 3rd on the TE rankings and Shockey at 9th. Anyone know anything about him? This makes me a bit skeptical about the compiler's projected stats...
Portishead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jumpman8828 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:23 pm

Dunno about this "compiler" thing...I definitely wouldn't trust it if it spits out those rankings. I'm not too high on Shockey at all, but I wouldn't put him at 9.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:28 pm

A stats compiler works on just that...stats.Therefore the #1 rated QB last year was some jack-off you never heard of because he threw 5 passes for 165 yds. and 3 TD'S.He may never play again,but for that one glorious year....lol.So no,don't trust them.But Gates is good,and will only get better.So #3 he isn't,but don't overlook him.
Last edited by Sixxgunn on Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:32 pm

Projections and rankings are two very different things. Don't go into one looking for the results of the other.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Portishead » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:33 pm

The compiler uses 2004 projections from FF Today which gives Gates 685 yards and 5 TDs this year versus 488/4 for Shockey.

The spreadsheet is great but I'm going to have to go over the projected stats with a fine-tooth comb.
Portishead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jumpman8828 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:34 pm

Portishead wrote:The compiler uses 2004 projections from FF Today which gives Gates 685 yards and 5 TDs this year versus 488/4 for Shockey.

The spreadsheet is great but I'm going to have to go over the projected stats with a fine-tooth comb.

Good idea.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: FF Today Stat Compiler

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:37 am

Portishead wrote:I was checking out the FF Today compiler today and Antonio Gates ends up at 3rd on the TE rankings and Shockey at 9th. Anyone know anything about him? This makes me a bit skeptical about the compiler's projected stats...

A. Gates never played college football (did play in high school). He went to Kent State and was a power forward and then decided he had a better chance for money by being a TE in the NFL rather than trying to make an NBA team.

He is very very raw still, but showed some very nice promise at the end of last year. He was also the 3rd leading receiver on SD behind LT and Boston
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby roninmedia » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:59 am

Don't follow to closely on projections. It is impossible for anyone to accurately predict the statistics of so many players at so many positions.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk