Its sleeper talk time! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Its sleeper talk time!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Its sleeper talk time!

Postby FootballRulez » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:54 am

OK guys, now that the season is over and dynasty drafts are starting its time to talk sleepers. Who are players you think should be taken as sleepers in dynasty or keeper drafts? Please make sure to include your reasoning. I will start:

1) Marc Bulger: In his 6 starts he threw for 1815 yards and 14 TD’s. He also had a rushing TD. If you project those stats out over a full season you get a pretty fantastic 4869 yards 37 TD’s and 2-3 rushing TD's. Now I don’t know that I expect him to do that well, but if Warner is traded and Bulger gets to start (as has all been rumored) he could wind up being a top 5 QB, and all this for what a 10th round pick?

2) Jerry Porter: He had 9 TD’s as the 3rd receiver last year, and I am hearing that he will take Tim Browns place in the starting lineup this year (I read it in Sporting News this week). He has true stud potential.

Deep Sleeper:

Kenny Watson:
While everyone is tripping over themselves to get Betts you grab Watson 5 rounds later and you may just get the starting RB in Washington. I live in the area, and every time I have seen Spurrier asked about the running game he has said that both Betts and Watson will be playing this year. So it still looks like its wide open here, and the winner of this competition may just put up some descent stats.

So who do you think? Feel free to list your own or debate players already listed.

FootballRulez
FootballRulez
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:39 pm

I am hoping you are right about Bulger. He did have fantastic #'s and I have him in a keeper league. He wasn't even drafted in my league and I picked him up as an add when Warner went down. His durability has been a queestion though. We will see.

I don't disagree that Porter could be big, but I think the playoffs blew the lid off of his sleeper status. Most people are now aware of him. His potential comes down to how much of a look he gets given he is third receiverf behind two hall of famers.

One guy I would like to add to the potential sleeper list is T.J. Duckett. If Dunn goes down or Atlanta just gives him some more looks, he could post big #'s. He is built like the bus but so far untested in the big leagues. Atlanta thought enough of him to draft him awfully high last year. Atlanta may also add Peerless Price to the mix next year. Think about that line up with Vick at the helm.

Dion Branch is another guy. He had enourmous #'s for about three games this year and then the offense just went away from him. given the right set he has the tallent.

Another RB next year is Michael Bennett. He had good numbers this year so I don't know if you can call him a sleeper but I think he is set tp be a big fantasy performer.
[/b]
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FootballRulez » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:48 am

What is there another mock draft coming up and you guys are holding out on us? Come on, lets get those sleepers out there ;-D
FootballRulez
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:19 pm

hmmmmmmm...

chris chambers - no doubt alot of ppl forgot about him. he underproduced last year because of injuries, to himself and his qb. he will return to his rookie year numbers this year at worst. darrel jackson is another guy like this is coming off and unproductive season largely in part of injuries, dont be the one to forget these two come draft day.

deshaun foster - hehe slow knows all about this guy... injured last year but he is talented and doesnt have very much competion for rb job in carolina.

todd pinkston - showed flashes last year that he might turn in to donovans #1, playing well down the stretch...

ashlie lelie, reggie wayne, donte stallworth - all young wrs that have all but secured the title of #2 wr, (even if they arent on paper) look for all to improve on last years numbers.

patrick ramsey - i sure hope so anyway... :-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:51 pm

terpfan wrote:patrick ramsey - i sure hope so anyway... :-D

always the optimist, huh terp?! hehehe

Gotta stick with Foster...<gumble...gumble>...He'll be a great up and coming RB this year. Larry Johnson should make a few waves this year as well!! Great abilities with this kid...Oh, and I must put William Green into that mix as well!!! He came back strong the last few weeks...Just wait til he has the offseason workout and preseason training!!! Go Brownies!!!!!

WRs - Stallworth, Northcutt, Wayne...All will start to show why they should be considered as quality #2 WRs this season.

QBs - I like David Carr and Hasselbeck. I think they'll do well this season and start to emerge as top 10 QBs...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:22 pm

Slowkidz wrote:Gotta stick with Foster...<gumble...gumble>...He'll be a great up and coming RB this year.

hehe!!...I wouldn't have anything to do with that "gumble" would I?!...lol!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:03 pm

All i know for sure is I will be staying away from anything related to Spurrier next season.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby zombiez » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:47 pm

Chambers will definately be better this year..he turned it on down the stretch...some one stepping it up on the other side of him would really help increse his numbers......and Stallworth will only get better..If Snake goes to Denver(if they can find a way to afford him) you will finally get to see the Jake the Snake everyone wanted to see..instaed of the one running for his life..and Larry Johnson should have an immediate impact...especially if he ends up in detroit, with Mooch and the West Coast offense.....but my real sleeper is Vanderjett....do you think this PUNK...and I say that lightly...lol....is gonna wanna miss a Field Goal :-o
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby FootballRulez » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:54 am

Homeless wrote:All i know for sure is I will be staying away from anything related to Spurrier next season.

Just wondering why?
FootballRulez
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FootballRulez » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:56 am

terpfan wrote:hmmmmmmm...

ashlie lelie... young wrs that have all but secured the title of #2 wr, (even if they arent on paper) look for all to improve on last years numbers. :-D

Did he really secure the #2 spot? What happend to Ed McAffrey? If this is the case though he could be huge this season?
FootballRulez
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk