Why T. Barber > M. Faulk, S Davis, T Henry Etc... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why T. Barber > M. Faulk, S Davis, T Henry Etc...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:44 pm

I just used Tiki as an example to illustrate the Theory.

Think of it another way, what if you are trying to decide between D Davis and T. Henry? You can be pretty sure that no one is going to pick up the back up for D Davis but someone is going to pick up McGahee.

Does it influence your decision? If so how much?

That is the question.

I took my information on placement of draft picks from the average mock drafts on AntSport since July 1. I agree, the ones I picked were low in my opinion, but I also used them to illustrate the point.

Oh, and I am not going to draft Tiki Barber in the second or third round.

Hey Bearsfan - This type of post is not appreciated...

"Don't ever post like this again, its a disgrace, lol."

I think you can tell from the rest of the posts that some people got what I was trying to say. Open your mind instead of your mouth.

Thank you
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

lol

Postby Bears_Fan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:32 pm

Thanks brother Malcolm. I actually was just joking as I had hoped the last abbreviation for lol would show but I do understand what you mean. My tone was a bit unwarranted and I did understand the question was one for draft strategy and not just straight up comparison. Take a joke.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:53 pm

No problem. Hard to get tone in a post.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:41 pm

Tiki and Dayne????????? Dayne is horrible, he adds nothing to the value of the both of them so i'll take Henry over Barber anyday... BTW I would almost never handcuff my #2 back it's a waste of a draft pick because no one will take McGahee in the draft ( i can do a package deal: ie 2 for 1 to upgrade a player at another position then pick up McGahee if i absolutely have to)
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:55 pm

Monty wrote:Tiki and Dayne????????? Dayne is horrible, he adds nothing to the value of the both of them so i'll take Henry over Barber anyday... BTW I would almost never handcuff my #2 back it's a waste of a draft pick because no one will take McGahee in the draft ( i can do a package deal: ie 2 for 1 to upgrade a player at another position then pick up McGahee if i absolutely have to)

I've yet to see a draft where McGahee goes undrafted. If not by a Henry owner reaching for him, then someone picks him up a little later as a sleeper.
Anyways, I wouldn't mind taking Tiki in the early 4th. Since I usually like to go RB-RB-WR-?, that would put Tiki as my 3rd Rb. Which I think is pretty good. The guy is virtually an undisputed starter, and that's more than what can be said about a lot of guys that might go higher than Tiki (Stephen Davis, Westbrook). I'd take him as my 3rd RB for sure.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:12 pm

IMO its a bad idea to have McGahee as a sleeper, unless its in a keeper league. So they can have him and waste one of their picks, fine by me i'll pick someone whos gonna play
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk