Marshall Faulk & Steven Jackson News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marshall Faulk & Steven Jackson News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marshall Faulk & Steven Jackson News

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:01 pm

Steven Jackson - RB - STL
Rams coach Mike Martz is unhappy with rookie Steven Jackson.
"To think that any back is going to come in and alternate with a guy who's been an MVP and is headed for the Hall of Fame, . . . without ever doing anything, is just insane," Martz said Wednesday. "He missed all of spring, and then he was supposed to be here this (past) weekend and didn't show up. So, we're just going to move on." It sounds like Jackson will have to earn the No. 2 running back spot over Lamar Gordon in St. Louis. Jul. 22 - 1:42 pm et

-courtesy of rotoworld.com
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Turnip » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:04 pm

I feel like saying "I told you so." I'm not the only one, but a few of us have been warning people that Gordon was going to be the #2 and even if Faulk was hurt, Jackson would still be in a committee with Gordon.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nsulham » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:08 pm

Man I'm starting to waver a bit on the whole Faulk situation. At first I was going to pass but I think I may take the wait-and-see approach with him.

My draft is August 28th so I have plenty of time to see how his knees hold up in camp. If he doesn't have any problems, he'll go right back to the spot he originally inhabited on my list before the rumor that he was going to retire popped up.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WTA » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:51 pm

Looks like he's way down on the depth chart now:

Rams | S. Jackson Down on Depth Chart - from http://www.KFFL.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:43:14 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams rookie RB Steven Jackson is listed down on the depth chart behind RBs Marshall Faulk, Lamar Gordon and even FB Arlen Harris. Jackson is so far behind heading into training camp that he will not walk into a position to spell Faulk, according to Rams head coach Mike Martz. "To think that any back is going to come in and alternate with a guy who's been an MVP and is headed for the Hall of Fame... without ever doing anything, is just insane," Martz said. "He missed all of spring, and then he was supposed to be here this (past) weekend and didn't show up. So, we're just going to move on."
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:56 pm

ouch !+)

I hope no one drafted Jackson these last few days looking for him to take over...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:17 pm

Not smart for a rookie to be missing that many practices...
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:49 pm

think he's still a good pick in a keeper league?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Bowie » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:53 pm

He's still a good pick. I've got him inj my keeper league, and this doesn't seem like two big a deal. Once he signs, everything should turn around. Of course, if he holds out and misses some camp time, that could affect his early season numbers. If Jackson signs in time for camp, he should be just fine by the time Faulk goes down.

Keeper League (Keep 3)
QB - Daunte Culpeppe (Jake Plummer)
RB - Ahman Green, Marshall Faulk (Travis Henry, Chris Brown, Onterrio Smith, Steven Jackson)
WR - Derrick Mason, Chris Chambers (Plaxico Burress, Ashley Lelie, Marcus Robinson)
TE - Todd Heap
K - Jason Elam
DEF - Miami Dolphins
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:18 pm

Turnip wrote:I feel like saying "I told you so." I'm not the only one, but a few of us have been warning people that Gordon was going to be the #2 and even if Faulk was hurt, Jackson would still be in a committee with Gordon.

Me and you, d00d. ;-D

Lamar Gordon is just as good, if not better than Steven Jackson. Although he was the best RB in this years draft class, it was a realtively weak year for new RBs. Plus, if he were as great as some people think he is, I don't think you would have seen all of those teams passing on him in the first round that could have used his help.

Putting Arlen Harris over him on the depth chart is a little bit of a stretch, though - that d00d is a bench warmer on every team in the league.

I really hope I have an early pick in my upcoming drafts so I can nab Marshall at the end of the second round. :-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:19 pm

Wow, SJ is startin to piss me off, missing practices is unacceptable. He is holding himself back, and Martz should be dissapointed. But if Martz doesn't let Jackson start after Marshall goes down he will dissapoint me - but knowing Martz I probably will be dissapointed.

As for Jackson in keeper leagues, of course he is a nice player to own. Although it was a weak year for backs he is clearly the best RB of the bunch, and the future of the rams.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk