Yahoo Experts League Mock---Good for a laugh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Experts League Mock---Good for a laugh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Experts League Mock---Good for a laugh

Postby nsulham » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:38 pm

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis ... antasy/nfl

Funston took Bell/Hearst/Griffin in consecutive rounds to "monopolize a potential first round RB"
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:40 pm

hahaha wow he must be in love with that denver o-line. what a waste of roster space
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:59 pm

Some of these picks are major reaches. Justin McCareins at 80 and Jerry Porter at 81? Peyton Manning in the 4th? Steve Smith in the 5th? And it pains me to see Duckett go, oh so early. But I guess that's what we expect out of a 10 team league.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:00 pm

Wow.. some fool took Westbrook in the 2nd and passed on Marvin Harrison? GTFOH!!

Y! Sports-Romig cleaned up the first five rounds. Holmes, Holt, Culpepper, Boldin & C-Mart. Twominutewarning.com probably had the 2nd best 5 rounds with SA, Faulk, Mason, Shockey & Coles. See what happens when you just draft the best player at his position left while everyone else goes RB happy? You end up with studs at every position.

Footballinjuries.com had an... interesting draft. Four runningbacks in the first four rounds... Okay... Not only that, it's a receptions league and he took Portis, Bennett and and Dillon. WTF!!

Why was Eddie George taken in the 6th?

Duckett in the 3rd? Sure go ahead.

Geez, I hope I get my choice of Manning or Vick in the 4th. Or if I don't get those two, I can have McNabb in the 6th. Weeeee!

Quite possibly the worst expert mock draft I've ever seen in my life. This is why I don't buy magazines or sign up for expert content.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby roninmedia » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:04 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Footballinjuries.com had an... interesting draft. Four runningbacks in the first four rounds... Okay...

I actually think he has a very solid team with taking 4 rbs. He hs Boo at TE and decent recievers in Price, Mason, and D. Jackson. And a possible very good QB in Brooks.
Last edited by roninmedia on Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Yahoo Experts League Mock---Good for a laugh

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:06 pm

nsulham wrote:Funston took Bell/Hearst/Griffin in consecutive rounds to "monopolize a potential first round RB"

So what if they name Anderson as the starter???
:-D
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:16 pm

These are all laugh fests...All I can say is T.J. Duckett was pick #28. Why would you pick him over a probable starter in Julius Jones? He gets away with it because a lot of them took three RB's in the first three rounds. Is that really necessary?

Fantasyguru.com's #1 WR is Javon Walker. Pretty risky if you ask me.

The teams are still all fairly good, but the triple-threat Bronco draft was asnine. :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:16 pm

Funston is hilarious. He cracks me up.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:17 pm

Chad Johnson in the 5th??!?!?

And when you said the guy took bell/hearst/griffin in consecutive rounds I was thinking 8th, 9th, and 10th rounds. But he took them in the 5th, 6th, and 7th...in a 10 team league no less. Yikes.

The REALLY sad thing is that the guy who did that actually has a short 5 minute spot on ESPN every week. You'd think if they were gonna put a guy on the most watched sports network he'd know what the hell he was talking about.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:21 pm

roninmedia wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Footballinjuries.com had an... interesting draft. Four runningbacks in the first four rounds... Okay...

I actually think he has a very solid team with taking 4 rbs. He hs Boo at TE and decent recievers in Price, Mason, and D. Jackson. And a possible very good QB in Brooks.

He was only able to land those players because the people around him were scooping up TJ Duckett and Thomas Jones in the 3rd round.

But hey, maybe he knew ahead of time that he was drafting with incompetent retards and could pick up Djax in the 6th.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk