Yahoo Experts League Mock---Good for a laugh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Experts League Mock---Good for a laugh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:09 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
terpfan wrote:
creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:they all must have taken some marijuana from J-Lewis to ever give that kind of an "expert" draft! ;-)

Actually it was cocaine... I echo the sentiments though. ;-)

Yeah they got the Mary Jane from Ricky Williams. ;-D

I was just gonna say that... But in a joking way of course becasue Ricky Williams is the man... Ive always thought that Funston was a goof... That denver thing really boggles my mind. :-P

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:07 am

Paladyr wrote:did funston get fired from ESPN or did yahoo make him a better offer?

I was in a TSN Mock draft with Brendan Roberts and asked him.

He said Funston left ESPN (Bristol) to go to Yahoo (Cali) to be closer to his home, which I think is in Seattle. Also said Yahoo wanted to ramp up their fantasy production so he was a good fit--hey, they never said they wanted GOOD fantasy production.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:26 am

Did it ever occur to Funston that even if Denver finished 1st in rushing in the whole league, it might be split up between all their RB's?
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:41 am

McNabb in the 6th
McNair in the 4th.

One of the reasons I never end up with a top5 QB is because they're all gone by the 3rd round in most drafts, and that's just too early for a QB, but someone always does it. Though that's still way too low for those guys, I think the only thing this draft got right is that the first 3 rounds should not be used for QBs.

That being said, what imbecile takes Trent Green while passing up McNabb, McNair, and Hasselback?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:47 am

T. Jones in the 3rd round just blows my mind...
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:31 pm

Paladyr wrote:did funston get fired from ESPN or did yahoo make him a better offer?

After seeing this mock, a monster bidding war should commence. Seriously the FFC should get a 10 person panel and just destroy these fools.

TJ Duckett? This pick put me off of Fantasy Football.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tampajim » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:06 pm

If you are drafting in a league with a group of guys who are FF smart and believe in the stud RB theory (who doesn't), then the first 3 or 4 rounds of this mock draft looks very real and practical.

Over half the teams had 3 RBs by the 4th round.

In every league, the pressure of "your on the clock" will make someone take Trent Green or E Moulds over J Horn, S Smith, A Bouldin, C Johnson, etc...

but,

There is no explanation for M. Westbrook going in the second round before the next 10 picks.
Tampajim
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby roninmedia » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:11 pm

After seeing this mock, a monster bidding war should commence. Seriously the FFC should get a 10 person panel and just destroy these fools.

They should just pull 10 random people from the cafe and we can do a better mock draft for free.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:34 pm

roninmedia wrote:

They should just pull 10 random people from the cafe and we can do a better mock draft for free.

We already have multiple times.

;-D

If you are drafting in a league with a group of guys who are FF smart and believe in the stud RB theory (who doesn't), then the first 3 or 4 rounds of this mock draft looks very real and practical.

The only thing is, if you go overboard (like they obviously did), you allow some smart drafters to clean up and have top 3 stars at every position. Look at twominutewarning.com, that guy is STACKED!

McNabb
Alexander
Faulk
Mason
Coles
Shockey

Good luck going head to head with him any given week. Just about any team is the underdog to him every week.

Same goes for Y! Sports Romig. Holmes, Culpepper and Holt. There's a three-headed monster if I ever saw one.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk