Eddie to Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eddie to Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:27 pm

Yes Tenn. had the better passing game. But I don't think that will make George stink in Dallas. I know it has been brought up oh, so many times but Eddie needs a FB. The moment Tenn. phased that position out George = :-t .

Dallas has 2 blocking FB's to complement Anderson. The O-line is also much better then everyone thinks... Parcells has made sure of it. Al Johnson back from injury, Allen came around and got his butt in shape and they added depth in the draft. Not to mention we have Key who is a lineman disguised a receiver.

Having Jones to spell him will keep George fresh. The fact that hamburger could put up decent (not good mind you) numbers in Big D is promising for anyone who has an ounce of talent stepping into the position.

I was against the George signing for fantasy reasons but I think George turned out to be a steal for teams that drafted early.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:30 pm

Like I said, Dallas' rushing offense was 12th in the league, and Tennessee's was 26th. Dallas has a better run-blocking offensive line than Tennessee, and they also utilize a lead blocking fullback more often than the Titans do. Eddie's best year came when the Titans signed fullback Lorenzo Neal. When the Titans started using single back, two tight end sets, Eddie started struggling. Trust me, I drafted Eddie George in four consecutive years, and I've studied the guy like a book. He will do better in Dallas. The Titans' offense became a pass-first offense last year, which hurt George's potential. Parcells is all about the running game, and Eddie's the kind of guy that does most of his damage late in the 4th when he's already carried the ball 25 times.

Eddie's stock goes up in my opinion on this move unless Julius Jones just really lights it up and cuts into his PT.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk