New to Fantasy Football!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New to Fantasy Football!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:29 am

Already been mentioned, but you will definately want to take a look at http://www.antsports.com ADP (Average Draft Position). It will give you a great feeling for what players/positions to take where.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:54 am

I'd check out antsports's and xpertleagues's average draft position. Then I'd read a lot of threads in this forum (Fantasy football talk). I'd also take a look at the trade, keeper, waiver forum just to see the value of certain players. Overall, reading anything related to fantasy football is a good start.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Besaid_Aurochs » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:25 am

Manja wrote:You should usually pick up a runningback with your first pick.

Unless Moss is still on the board. Then you pick Moss.
Besaid_Aurochs
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roninmedia » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:45 am

Only take Moss after the other top running backs are gone. Generally Moss will go in that pick 8-10 range. Don't tell him to take Moss when he is available. Moss is available if he has the first pick. Do you want him to take Moss with the #1 pick?
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:10 pm

Go to the sporting news site and enter some live mock drafts. There ranking suck, but it will help you to get a feel for drafting and when some players get picked. Try and get into the fullest drafts for the most realistic draft. Make your self a cheat sheet and make sure that it is weighted according to your league's scoring system.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:15 pm

being fantasy baseball guy myself before stepping over to football a couple of seasons ago. I found that football was a little easier. There is less (IMO) to keep track of. 16 games to worry about not 162. really only 5-7 positions and usually only 2 main stat cats.

But if you were successful in FB then you should be in FF. Do your homework. and you will be fine. Mock drafts always help. I think they are a better indicator of a draft then a mock baseball draft is.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:17 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:welcome to the cafe! check out the rankings on the cafe and just read through the posts about different players and draft strategies. i suggest buying a magazine so you can study when you aren't online.

But also take the info in the magazines with a grain of salt some are good some are not so good some don't know what the hell they are talking about. you just got to experiment with different ones. I like lindy's myself.

Pay more attention to infomation from mock drafts and posts you find here, than expert mock drafts. You will get a better feel of where players should be taken (like can I wait one more round for the QB i want and get a better WR this round).
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:22 pm

yeah i have never been a big fan of the mags, they usually have been preinted about a month ago. Alot of the info is outdated. To much changes after those things are made, especially once preseason starts.

In total honesty. FInding the cafe, looks like the best move yoiu made already.

now you just have to keep it a secret from teh rest of your league. ;-7
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Previous

Return to Football Talk