Dilema at thr RB position - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dilema at thr RB position

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dilema at thr RB position

Postby waffler » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:07 am

in my league we start 2 and i have 4 like every good player should, i have deuce mcallister, corey dillon, tiki barber and julius jones. now my question is who do i start? i know deuce is a no brainer but after that it gets a lil fuzzy, since they are all starters on teams that dont have much passing threats. just wondering who i should start at 2nd rb.

thanks
waffler
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:11 am

Corey Dillon doesn't have a passing threat in the two time Superbowl-MVP Tom Brady?

Anyhow, I'd start Corey Dillon over Barber, definetly. I can't really rate Julius...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Dilema at thr RB position

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:13 am

waffler wrote:in my league we start 2 and i have 4 like every good player should, i have deuce mcallister, corey dillon, tiki barber and julius jones. now my question is who do i start? i know deuce is a no brainer but after that it gets a lil fuzzy, since they are all starters on teams that dont have much passing threats. just wondering who i should start at 2nd rb.

thanks

Corey Dillion? Not on a team with a passing threat? That's news to me! :-)

New England loves to throw the ball around. They don't throw it far, but they throw often. With Brady playing with the secondary, it will open up Dillon to run through the middle.

No question, start Deuce and Dillon!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:07 am

Interesting selections. As you said, Deuce is a no brainer. I'd wait for some news to come out of training camps. Personally, I think Tiki could be in line for a big bounce back year that would vault him back into a borderline top 10 back. Dillon would probably be your safest choice from the get go. I'm personally intrigued by Jones but I'd wait and see what happens with the Eddie George to Dallas rumors. If that goes through, it would diminish his value tremendously.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Play Maker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:33 am

Deuce is a no brainer, and out of Dillion,Barber & Jones I would start Dillion. For one is that hes on a better team, but the cowboys are more likely to sign Eddie George now, and have him to start and groom Jones. As for Barber, never will like him until he can show he can solve his fumblitis problem and the giants o-line stinks.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby F00ballKing » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:57 am

Don't let last year fool you... Dillon is a very good NFL Running Back. He had about as bad of a year as you can have... but, I look for him to bounce back this season. But, his points won't be with 150 yards on the ground. Dillon will finish all of those Patriot drives that stall inside the 10-20 yard line... lots of TD's for Dillon this year. Those 13-7 games will turn into 21-7 with Dillon in the backfield.

Deuce/Dillon

See what Dallas does with Jones before you start him... I personally don't think the Cowboys will sign George.

I won't speak about Tiki, since he's my most hated player in the NFL... he's cost me too much money over the years. :-t
F00ballKing
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:20 am

I have Dillon rated as my #11 RB, so I would definitely choose to start him w/ Deuce.

Tiki fumbles too much and doesnt put up the TDs

And who knows about JJ at the moment since Eddie seems to be heading to DAL
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MrTwo94 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:31 am

MadScott wrote:Personally, I think Tiki could be in line for a big bounce back year that would vault him back into a borderline top 10 back.

Haha, Tiki is horrible. Isn't he going to be splitting carries with Dayne? Now that's just shameful. Tiki will be doing good to be a borderline top 25 back. The Giants as a team will be doing good to score double digit TD's this year! Slight sarcasm, but they are just bad. I won't pick anyone from the Giants, even Shockey unless he falls to the 8th round.

To answer the original question, I would start Deuce and Dillon without the least bit of hesitation. They are far and away your best RB's. I'd love to have the two of them. Good picks.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:52 am

Dillon and Deuce and it isnt even close.
IMO Dillon is one of the absolute best #2 RBs you can have this yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MeShawn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:01 am

Deuce and Corey, without a doubt
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner