Did something happen to Michael Bennet? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did something happen to Michael Bennet?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did something happen to Michael Bennet?

Postby arrbez » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:13 am

just curious. some guy in one of my yahoo league's (a COMPETITIVE yahoo league) just dropped michael bennet and added steven jackson. so, has there been any bad news about bennet, or is this guy just a fool?

i'm pretty pumped about picking him up, as i had to find a replacement for eddie george anyways...
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:17 am

He's a huge fool.

He probably figured that Bennet would be in too much of a RBBC, and with the rumors floating around of Faulk's demise, figured he'd get some great value from Jackson.

You scored big getting Bennet for free.
;-D
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby nebula » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:23 am

A buddy just talked to him at the bar the other night. Said he's doing great. Nice Score. ;-D
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:24 am

I have a feeling Bennett is going to be a HUGE value pick this year for people. Nice grab. ;-D
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:36 am

And now look what I see. You're looking smarter by the minute, arrbez. :)

Fanball wrote:The News
Vikings' head coach Mike Tice said Thursday that running back Michael Bennett will take the bulk of the carries and reamin on the field during goal line situations. When interviewed by KFAN radio in the Twin Cities, Tice said he plans to use Bennett until the four-year veteran indicates that he needs a breather. Last year, Bennett missed the first eight games of the season with a foot injury. When he returned, Bennett received the most carries, but gave way to Moe Williams or Onterrio Smith in goal line situations.
Our View
We'll keep a close eye on the Vikings' preseason games in hopes of determining whether Tice will make good on this claim. If he does, Michael's stock would soar in leagues that use touchdown-heavy scoring formats. Meanwhile, the stock of Williams and Smith would fall, yet both would still retain value as handcuff players.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:38 am

To ease your mind.....posted in today's Duluth News Tribune.

Posted on Fri, Jul. 23, 2004

BENNETT HEALTHY: Recovered from foot injury, running back is on a mission.
BY COURTNEY LEWIS
NEWS TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

Minnesota Vikings running back Michael Bennett spent the first half of the 2003 NFL season sidelined with a foot injury. Meanwhile, he watched two backups aptly fill in for him.

With training camp just a week away, things are back where Bennett wants them. He's healthy, focused and entrenched at No. 1 on the depth chart.

"Michael's the starter," coach Mike Tice said. "We just hope that Michael's able to carry the entire load, except when he needs to take a little rest. Hopefully Michael can be the guy to carry the load for us every day."

Tice, Bennett and two other players were in Duluth Thursday signing autographs and meeting with fans at Bayfront Festival Park.

Bennett, a first-round draft pick out of Wisconsin in 2001, missed the first seven games in 2003 after suffering an offseason foot injury that required two surgeries. He started seven of the last eight games, accumulating 447 yards and just one touchdown. In his absence, Moe Williams and Onterrio Smith led the Vikings to the fourth-rated rushing offense in the NFL. Bennett, who didn't miss a game because of injury in his first two seasons, is anxious to be the Vikings' top rusher again.

"I'm definitely confident in that (starting role) and looking forward to having an outstanding year. I'm definitely excited. I'm feeling real healthy -- 110 percent," Bennett said.

Tice has been impressed with Bennett's offseason. The coach said Bennett is not just bigger and stronger heading into the 2004 season, he also is more focused and mature.

"I think it probably has a lot to do with just a young football player realizing what it's going to take on a consistent basis to be a great player," Tice said. "Also, I think the injury last year kind of slapped him in the face and made him wake up to the fact that, wow, this thing could be over tomorrow."

Bennett agreed that last season changed the way he approaches football.

"I have a chip on my shoulder, and being hurt last year, I didn't get to do what I wanted," Bennett said. "So I'm coming out just being more aggressive this year, being a lot more mentally focused."

© 2004 Duluth News Tribune and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthtribune/sports/9221187.htm
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby MeShawn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:41 am

Pick him up immediatley
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:51 am

Why did I not get an invite to join this league!?!?

I don't know what's worse. The fact that someone dropped him, or the fact that you had to ask us before picking him up...
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby F00ballKing » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:14 am

I have Bennett as my #13 Running Back... that's before the statements by Tice. I'm huge on Bennett... last year I was willing to take him late first round (before he got hurt). With the potent Offense that Minnesota displays, if he gets 80% of the carries he should finish +1,500 yards.
F00ballKing
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby recmccl » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:21 am

get him now. Fanball just said Tice is going to give him the bulk of the TD carries.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk