Did something happen to Michael Bennet? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did something happen to Michael Bennet?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paladyr » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:36 am

am i the only one that remembers how Tice lied every game about who was going to get the bulk of the carries last season???? I'm avoiding this RBBC like the plague.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:36 am

Gunslinger wrote:And now look what I see. You're looking smarter by the minute, arrbez. :)

Fanball wrote:The News
Vikings' head coach Mike Tice said Thursday that running back Michael Bennett will take the bulk of the carries and reamin on the field during goal line situations. When interviewed by KFAN radio in the Twin Cities, Tice said he plans to use Bennett until the four-year veteran indicates that he needs a breather. Last year, Bennett missed the first eight games of the season with a foot injury. When he returned, Bennett received the most carries, but gave way to Moe Williams or Onterrio Smith in goal line situations.
Our View
We'll keep a close eye on the Vikings' preseason games in hopes of determining whether Tice will make good on this claim. If he does, Michael's stock would soar in leagues that use touchdown-heavy scoring formats. Meanwhile, the stock of Williams and Smith would fall, yet both would still retain value as handcuff players.

This is fantastic news - Bennett is now a top 15 RB. ;-D ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby F00ballKing » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:48 am

am i the only one that remembers how Tice lied every game about who was going to get the bulk of the carries last season???? I'm avoiding this RBBC like the plague.

Bennett is listed in your sig :-t you secretly love him... don't lie B-)
F00ballKing
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:35 am

well its safe to say that guy is a moron.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madshot31 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:43 am

This happened in one of my leagues also, I gladly picked Bennet up. I don't know what the person was thinking in my league, he droped Bennet for Shipp. Good pickup ;-D
Have Fun, Live Life, Stay Safe. ^_^
madshot31 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Heimholder » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:20 pm

Very well put Paladyr. You have O. Smith, the young gun that showed he can put up numbers, you have Moe Williams - the guy that was the 13th-highest scoring fantasy RB in my league last year, and you have Michael Bennett, the guy that I keep hearing is supposed to have big years. Too many weapons to just use one guy. This makes me nervous - I'll wait a round or 3 and grab a Staley/Garner/C-Mart.

- Coach Holder
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:57 pm

Same thing happened in one of my leagues. I notice too that a lot of guys are drafting Williams late as backup in case Bennett goes down but I really think this year Smith is the backup - anyone else agree???
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:26 pm

Paladyr wrote:am i the only one that remembers how Tice lied every game about who was going to get the bulk of the carries last season???? I'm avoiding this RBBC like the plague.

I was just thinking the same thing. I wouldn't call it an RBBC but Tice is the biggest liar out there as far as statements to the media goes.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:27 pm

Mentioned this in a similar thread -

Last yr was a special circumstance in MIN due to Bennett's injury. They called on Moe Williams out of necessity - not talent. OSmith did not impress that much - besides he was a rookie.

This is a different yr - Bennett - the guy who was supposed to be the feature back kast yr - is now back to full strength - supposably the man is one of the fastest RBs in the NFL.

Moe Williams role will be significantly reduced unless there is another injury. Onterrio might get a few more carries.

Get Bennett cheap in your draft this yr - you wont regret it.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:55 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Mentioned this in a similar thread -

Last yr was a special circumstance in MIN due to Bennett's injury. They called on Moe Williams out of necessity - not talent. OSmith did not impress that much - besides he was a rookie.

This is a different yr - Bennett - the guy who was supposed to be the feature back kast yr - is now back to full strength - supposably the man is one of the fastest RBs in the NFL.

Moe Williams role will be significantly reduced unless there is another injury. Onterrio might get a few more carries.

Get Bennett cheap in your draft this yr - you wont regret it.

Exactly. Don't count on big Moe to finish in the top 15 RB's ever again.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk