Goaline RB's list - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goaline RB's list

Moderator: Football Moderators

Goaline RB's list

Postby Monos Borrachos » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:46 am

My league doesn't count yardage into the scoring system. TD's are the only factor. So, I'd like to compile a list of the top goaline RB's. Could anyone help me? Thanks.
Monos Borrachos
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:53 am

Well, you got Priest.... and then every one else. Pretty much, if you don't get the 1st pick, you're screwed.

However, in a related topic, Michael Bennett is looking to get goal line touches in Minnesota, contrary to many rumors about Moe Williams being the end-zone back. This makes Bennett a huge steal late in your draft. (There is a thread on this nearby)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:12 pm

I would look for these guys:
Crockett
Cartwright
G.Jones
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby terpfan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:22 pm

I don't think Cartwright will get many looks in Washington. I doubt Portis will come out very often and Joe Gibbs offense doesnt call for a fullback in the traditional role. He uses an H-Back instead which is a TE/FB hybrid. Cartwright doesnt really fit that mold.

I agree with Crockett and possibly Gred Jones, but theres a chance he wont get that many carries as a rook and will be third behind Toefield.

TJ Duckett would be a good pick in this league.

Mike Alstott might return to filling that role in Tampa. Garner and Pittman arent exactly goalline backs.

Jerome Bettis might get some goalline carries it Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure I believe yet that Moe won't be put in at the goalline.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:34 pm

Eddie George :-)
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:45 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:However, in a related topic, Michael Bennett is looking to get goal line touches in Minnesota, contrary to many rumors about Moe Williams being the end-zone back. This makes Bennett a huge steal late in your draft. (There is a thread on this nearby)

Yep and I got Bennett as the 5th pick in third round of a new dynasty league. 20th RB picked. After seeing that article this morning was real happy eith the pick. He will prolly start going a little earlier than that now.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:04 pm

how can you have a conversation about goalline backs without talking about Alstott. The guy will see the ball on the one. In a league that doesn't count yardage. 5 TD's at 1 yd each is just as valuable as say 5 TD's with 800 yards.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

what the heck

Postby tmandpimp » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:13 pm

M. Alstott will be back and there is noone that i want on first and goal on the 1. he will get 10 tds this year. also F. Taylor gets alot of touches in the end zone.(not that he scores of course) i had him last year. i did a touchdown league two years ago and also found that D mason did well at reciever

but what do i know
tmandpimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk