My top 18 RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My top 18 RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mnheadliner » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:55 am

Rodge wrote:Minnesota here too...in case anyone cared. Not much of a Vikings fan at all though. I am a fan of the game of football first and foremost, favorite teams and fantasy football way after that. People that only watch football because it is the home team have always annoyed me and I suppose that is why I am not a Vikings fan. I mean, if you are going to watch sports, watch them because you actually like the sport.

I just remembered how to use the qote thingee...lol

A lot of the time the home team pulled the person into enjoying the sport and they know more about their hometeam players because the local media covers all aspects of the team so they identify well with certain players, so they watch the home team and nothing more. Plus, a lot of people have better things to do on Sundays that sit around and watch three football games. Thank GOD I am not one of those people! :-b
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mnheadliner » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:02 am

Ok....time for me to pack it in for the night....

My thread has sparked quite a bit of various RB debate, and it's been very enjoyable and unexpected! I look forward to seeing where this thread goes....if anywhere....upon my next viewing probably tomorrow night sometime.

Later all...!!! ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Warpigs » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:15 am

Rodge wrote:Minnesota here too...in case anyone cared. Not much of a Vikings fan at all though. I am a fan of the game of football first and foremost, favorite teams and fantasy football way after that. People that only watch football because it is the home team have always annoyed me and I suppose that is why I am not a Vikings fan. I mean, if you are going to watch sports, watch them because you actually like the sport.

Rodge, you're right on as far as I'm concerned. I'm from central PA, but I've never rooted for a PA team in any sport. I can't stand the homers. Football-wise, I'm a Packers fan through and through. I base my support on the franchise and players, not on the distance from my doorstep to the stadium.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:59 am

Warpigs wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:I cannot see LT getting worn down at the age of 25. I have heard every argument possible from they have a better o-line :-? to only flutie can lead him to production.

Even a fool like me can realize he produces when the ball is dumped to him. If they stop doing this Schot should be shot.

Even a fool can learn to totally lock into LT2 from a defensive standpoint. It's tough to lock into a team like Indy, where Edge may burn you, Peyton may toast you, Harrison could smoke you or the TE combo could reap some big rewards on a play. LT2 will be scoring stats on pure potential and heart alone this year, because he'll have no help. Even a tank will eventually break down if you repetedly run it into a brick wall

cooleyhigh wrote:As for Priest, predicting an injury is a fool's game. Many said his hip would limit him last year and regretted it.

Yeah and many said that Marshall Faulk would be God's gift to fantasy football two years ago. (they all regretted that) He had the total package and nothing could slow him down. Father Time gets everyone at some point, and Holmes is already past where many backs start to show a decline in stats. I'm not saying that Holmes is dropped out of the top 10. What I am saying is that if I had a choice between Holmes and Green at No. 1, I'd rather bank on an improving running back who is just hitting his stride and in a great system. I couldn't afford to draft someone at No. 1 only to see him falter and have to rely on a team led by the last pick in the second round. I think Green is the safest pick, and that's why I consider him No. 1.

I forgot that SD lost so many weapons from last year :-? Any D-coordinator that could not figure out to key on LT last year is not fit to coach on friday night. Anyway assuming they just got the news flash that this guy is the entire offense, it will not matter. And yes this tank may break down at 29 or so but that is a long way off. Oh snap, Fitz got tackled...his career is now in the shitter :-o

I never thought you were dropping Priest out of the top ten. I believe he is better than Green. Who cares what happened to Faulk? Congrats on guessing he would hurt his knee! How many 27 year olds have been injured in the history of the NFL?

I guess I can understand your reservations but I do not share them so let some lucky fool pick up priest at #3 or 4.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Birderdude » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:33 am

Does the move to Dallas mean Eddie George should enter into this conversation?
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:24 pm

A lot of good debate on this thread - nice job fascilitating, mnh.

My thoughts -

Too much uncertainty with Portis to rank him above Green - especially considering that Portis upside isnt that much higher than Green's.

Barlow is way too high given the debate around him and his team. I saw that some had him penciled in for 300+ carries and describing it like a Carolina situation last yr. The difference is that SF doesnt have nearly the same type of D. This is a team that will be playing from behind often - meaning the run will be pretty obsolete having to play catch up. 300 carries would be on the high side in my projections.

Rudi. How can you rate him that high? He has 4 great games to his credit - all against terrible run Ds. This yr his schedule against the run is brutal. CIN obviously arent that big on him or they wouldnt have traded up to get Perry. A new QB too? Man thats a lot of negatives for such a high ranking.

Id be interested in seeing your projections for RWilliams. That seems extremely low.

What are your thoughts on the DDavis v. Hollings situation in HOU?

Given the recent Tice interview - how would you rate Bennett? (Tice said 80% of touches AND goalline carries.)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:33 am

Cornbread:

Thanks.

The difference between Portis and Green in my rankings is very small (1 point) so I essentially view them as the same, but the case can be made that Green is the better back.

As you can see I will be watching Barlow very closely....he has already dorpped down from my origional ranking and may slip further in training camp.

I admit....I'm a Rudi lover. 9 TD's on 215 rushes for around 950 yards in 13 games last year and playing for a big payday somewhere this upcoming offseason. A lot of negatives yes, but he really is a powerful inside runner and does have that open field burst. I think the Bengals made a mistake not signing him.

Well.....I haven't been able to get on ESPN since I saw the thread on here about R. Williams retiring (my computer is a piece of crap tonight apparently), but since he retired, I guess my projections were a bit high. LOL!

D. Davis is the man in Houston. How could he not be? Hollings in no threat.

Well......there are like 10 or so RB's I have not projected yet.....waiting a bit into training camp for those. But none will be big time backs....Bennett being the lone exception maybe. I am still unsure if Tice will do RBBC or committ to Bennett 80 percent of the touches. I forsee last season's SOD (O. Smith) getting the goal-line work and M. Williams as a third down back for some receptions and pass blocking in clear passing 3rd down situations. But I'm going to keep a close eye on training camp.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:54 am

Scratch Williams off that list!
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:16 am

ya I am forecasting 0 tds and no yards for ricky this year.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:16 am

portisfan24 wrote:ya I am forecasting 0 tds and no yards for ricky this year.

Bold prediction :-b
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk