Where does Travis Minor fit now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where does Travis Minor fit now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GMoney » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:33 am

List of possible players.... IMO.

James Stewart (Hes a usless as Minor though)

A denver RB of some sort (theyd prolly let mike anderson go)

an Oak RB of some sort (it would have to be amos or hambrick and well they are in the same boat as minor and stewart)

Here are the BETTER OPTIONS:

LeBrandon Toefield (Jax just drafted greg jones, and toefiled has looked decent when he played... might be worth a shot)

DeShawn Foster / McGahee (these players wont be given up)

Henry (wont be traded to a division rival)

Chris Perry / Rudi Johnson (Rudi is in a contract year and the bengals will likely let him go next year anyways)

Larry Johnson (never know what KC will do)

Willie Green (most likely option other than toefield)

Anthony Thomas (chicago could really use some more picks. they suck everywhere)

Lamar Gordon (Stl would part with him, and he could be decent for the phins too)

just some options I guess.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:38 am

GMoney wrote:List of possible players.... IMO.

James Stewart (Hes a usless as Minor though)

A denver RB of some sort (theyd prolly let mike anderson go)

an Oak RB of some sort (it would have to be amos or hambrick and well they are in the same boat as minor and stewart)

Here are the BETTER OPTIONS:

LeBrandon Toefield (Jax just drafted greg jones, and toefiled has looked decent when he played... might be worth a shot)

DeShawn Foster / McGahee (these players wont be given up)

Henry (wont be traded to a division rival)

Chris Perry / Rudi Johnson (Rudi is in a contract year and the bengals will likely let him go next year anyways)

Larry Johnson (never know what KC will do)

Willie Green (most likely option other than toefield)

Anthony Thomas (chicago could really use some more picks. they suck everywhere)

Lamar Gordon (Stl would part with him, and he could be decent for the phins too)

just some options I guess.

Lamont Jordan....But we would never trade within the division.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:46 am

Travis Minor won't be starting for the Dolphins... Like what's been said enough already, they'll be looking elsewhere.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:52 am

They should trade for someone who will be a FA next year like.... Shaun Alexander or Edge. Not like their respective teams would do it...

Correll Buckhalter is first on my list.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:26 am

KingGhidra wrote:They should trade for someone who will be a FA next year like.... Shaun Alexander or Edge. Not like their respective teams would do it...

Yea Buckhalter would be a good fit, I can't see Reid trading him though, I don't think he trusts Westbrook to take over full-time duties.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:28 am

KingGhidra wrote:They should trade for someone who will be a FA next year like.... Shaun Alexander or Edge. Not like their respective teams would do it...

Yea Buckhalter would be a good fit, I can't see Reid trading him though, I don't think he trusts Westbrook to take over full-time duties.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:37 am

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking one of the Denver or Oakland RBs. Mike Anderson is someone I could see them making a play for. Supposedly, he's in the best shape of his career.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby FourthandLong » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 am

no ones mentioned it probably because tice would never let it happen with bennetts constant injury concerns but i think we'd all love to see onterrio in miami...he would be a top 15 back instantly

trung canidate anyone?

sucks for ricky williams keeper holders in a slow draft that is still going...and you're 2 picks away from being on the clock in the last round...and you know minor will be gone next...my life is a JOKE
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:45 am

The Bills really might trade Henry/McGahee. They lost their #1 pick for next year in the trade for J.P. Losman (which IMO was a great deal for them). If they can get a servicable guy + a #1 pick, it wouldn't be ridiculous. Both sides would probably do a McGahee or Henry for Ogunleye + #1 pick next year.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:00 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:The Bills really might trade Henry/McGahee. They lost their #1 pick for next year in the trade for J.P. Losman (which IMO was a great deal for them). If they can get a servicable guy + a #1 pick, it wouldn't be ridiculous. Both sides would probably do a McGahee or Henry for Ogunleye + #1 pick next year.

Bills Front Office Person: Gee, did you hear that our fierce division rivals lost their star player and likely will not be able to recover anytime soon? Let's help them out by giving them one of our RBs (and best overall players) - let's see... we have the proven stud... the potential stud... oh, and Antwoine Womack, too. Let's screw ourselves over even more than we already have!

I doubt any team in the AFC East will be helping the Dolphins out, methinks. If it were any other team, I'm sure guys like Travis Henry/Willis McGahee and LaMont Jordan would be on the blocks. ...you don't fill huge holes for your main competition, though.

...although there are exceptions, I 'spose - ala the Drew Bledsoe trade. I'm sure the Patriots would be happy to part with Mike Cloud for the right price. :-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk