Chambers, Boston, McMichael - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chambers, Boston, McMichael

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chambers, Boston, McMichael

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:16 am

So, how does Ricky's retirement affect these guys? On one side of the coin you could say the Dolphins are left with no running game and a uncertain QB situation which is only detrimental for these guys. But you could also argue that the Phins passing more often will lead to more chances for these guys to produce. What do you guys think?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:39 am

They have to throw the ball now, they won't be effective (in the real NFL) but they should perform well fantasy-wise.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:09 pm

I think I mentioned this in the hella long "RICKY WILLIAMS IS RETIRED!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!" thread, so it probably got a little lost...

I'm lowering both Boston and Chambers' rankings on my cheat sheets. If I'm the defensive coordinator of the opposing team, I'm sending out my nickel and dime packages on every play to make sure Chambers/Boston/McMichael aren't much of a factor. If I'm going to be beaten, it'll be by whatever mediocre RB the Dolphins bring in.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Paladyr » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:39 pm

Well santana moss is the only receiver I can think of that does well on a team without a real threat in the running game. That should say something. Perhaps chambers is really that awesome that it doesn't matter how many people are covering, but I woudln't say the same for mcmichael and boston.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby roninmedia » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:42 pm

If Boston can reclaim the skill he had in Arizona, the Fins may actually get good production from the passing game.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homer J » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:38 pm

It lowers their value across the board in my book. If D's don't respect the run, the pass usually doesn't work very well, unless you have a stud QB. I don't see one on the Dolphins' roster.
"I don't care! I ain't no monument to justice!"
Homer J
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:37 pm

I really think that it increases McMichael's value - so long as he can stay out of jail.

Boston and Chambers should be about the same or maybe a little lower - I don't think that Fiedler/Feely will have enough time to get the ball downfield.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby arrbez » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:20 pm

i'm not sure if it really lowers them much. for the team, this season has almost become a write off. but for fantasy, i dont see a reason to panick.

hell, some guy in my league just dropped chambers for a RICKY PROEHL (yeah, seriously). so i've got a waiver request in for chambers, and if all goes well, i think he'll make a very nice #5 WR :D
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Monty » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:27 pm

arrbez wrote:hell, some guy in my league just dropped chambers for a RICKY PROEHL (yeah, seriously). so i've got a waiver request in for chambers, and if all goes well, i think he'll make a very nice #5 WR :D

ya, not too bad, i know i would take him
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

fins wr

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:42 pm

Yeah, there is one problem with the logic no ricky will lead to more passing and better wr numbers. The dolphins usually go 3 and out, and that will happen more without ricky. Also they are desperately trying to get another rb, which will be worse than ricky but should still lead to them runninga reasonable amount of time. Every NFL coach says you set up the pass with the run, and no team with Jay Fiedler is going to hang it in the air(hahaha). Chambers will be VERY lucky to get more than 7tds with Fiedler/Feeley and with boston and chambers in the picture this offense is to bad for me to think anyone besides te micmichael is really going to get enough balls to be good.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk