Chambers, Boston, McMichael - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chambers, Boston, McMichael

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:56 pm

I think their value goes up, or at the very least, their potential goes up. When Ricky was still on the roster, you knew their ceiling was limited because of how much the Dolphins were going to run the ball. Now Wannstedt may try to take more of an air-it-out approach out of desperation, which should at least amount to some garbage yardage.

The Cardinals didn't exactly have a stellar running game or quarterback last season, but Anquan Boldin did just fine.

I think their value goes up.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

ricky effect on fins wr

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:59 pm

Jay Fiedler is not Jeff Blake and mercill shipp was actually pretty good. Even if feeble Fiedler airs out a couple balls, they will have to go to one wr for anyone besides mcmichael to really impress.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:03 pm

Jeff Blake and Marcel Shipp aren't much to brag about...

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Turnip » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:16 am

bagobonez wrote:I think their value goes up, or at the very least, their potential goes up. When Ricky was still on the roster, you knew their ceiling was limited because of how much the Dolphins were going to run the ball. Now Wannstedt may try to take more of an air-it-out approach out of desperation, which should at least amount to some garbage yardage.

The Cardinals didn't exactly have a stellar running game or quarterback last season, but Anquan Boldin did just fine.

I think their value goes up.

The Cardinals had to pass more because they were always behind. That's really how Boldin got his #'s. Miami has a great defense, and Dave Wannstead *will* run the ball no matter who his back. Also, without an established running game, the safeties will sit back to defend the WRs more. The only way Dave Wannstead is going to let A.J. or Jay throw a lot is if they're playing catch-up, in my opinion.

Will the Phins trade for a RB? As long as it's not Ogunleye for Rudi, this could be interesting.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:54 am

id have to say their value goes up. as good as the defense is, i have a feeling that miami will be playing a lot of catch up.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:56 am

value goes up..i cant see anyone lowering them
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:10 am

There is no way the Miami backfield is staying the way it is. Lets just wait and see who they bring in. If by the time the season starts they still got crap carrying the rock then ill make a judgement on the WR situation.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:42 am

aussieboy wrote:There is no way the Miami backfield is staying the way it is. Lets just wait and see who they bring in. If by the time the season starts they still got crap carrying the rock then ill make a judgement on the WR situation.

Righto Aussieboy. I'm hearing that they are already talking with the Bears about A-train. Ricky went for 1372 yds. rushing last year. If you can throw in someone serviceable that could gain at least 1000 yds., you're pretty much back where you started. Also, it may actually be somewhat of a blessing for the Dolphins offense. What was their play calling like last year? 1st down, Ricky left, 2nd down Ricky right, 3rd down pass attempt. Now maybe they will have to mix it up a little bit more on offense. I think that the value of these 3 guys goes unchanged.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Dolphins

Postby Bears_Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Yeah, A-Train sucks, I've lived in chicago all my life and had to endure his disasterous seasons subsequent to his rookie year. While almost any rb would improve on minor and ensure the dolphins have a slightly balanced attack(no one wants Fiedler throwing more than he has to) A-train isn't gonna get anywhere near action Ricky did even if RBBC.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk