Strategy fo replacing Ricky in a dynasty - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Strategy fo replacing Ricky in a dynasty

Moderator: Football Moderators

Strategy fo replacing Ricky in a dynasty

Postby damnsam » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:48 am

I am in total shock and wondering if I can recover from this. I now have no RB strength and an extra contract. Any suggestions on how to go about the rebuilding situation, should I just tank this season and think about the future?
damnsam
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jeru » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:25 pm

Post your entire roster, and we can kind of let you know with more certainty. Basically, you'd have two options. One would be to tank the entire season, and trade all of the veterans you have for draft picks, and prospects. If you have an RB like say Fred Taylor as your #2, at his age, he will be done by the time your team is ready to roll, so trade him now at his peak value and get the best package you can.

However, if you have say Culpepper and a servicable #2 QB as a backup, you might be better off trading Culpepper for an RB, starting your #2 QB and trying to win this year.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby damnsam » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:33 pm

I don't really have a lot to trade away right now, this is the first year of the league, we drafted last year. I think I have a lot of work to do! Without Ricky I have G Jones and L Jordan at RB, ouch.

20 team League
$80 salary cap

Quarterbacks
$8/2 Trent Green

Running Backs
$3/4 Greg Jones
$1.25/3 Lamont Jordan
$10/1 Ricky Williams

Wide Recievers
$6.5/3 Andre Johnson
$4/4 Justin McCareins
$5/4 Reggie Wayne

Tight Ends
$1.5/2 Billy Miller

Kickers
$2.5/1 Jason Elam

Defense
$0.5/1 Gary Baxter
$2/5 Jay Foreman
$3.5/1 Dwight Freeney
$3/2 Scott Fujita
$1/1 Edgerton Hartwell
$1/2 Mike Logan
$1.25/4 Zeke Moreno
$3/3 Jamie Sharper
$1/3 Daryl Smith
damnsam
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jeru » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:35 pm

Yeah that pretty much looks like a hopeless situation. Wayne, McCareins, and AJohnson are all guys you have to keep and build around. Trent Green is your only real veteran, and I would look to move him for a young QB plus a draft pick, but otherwise you have nothing to work wit here.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:44 pm

Yeah, you're pretty much screwed. But on the bright side, it's not like you were going to be contending for anything in the first place, eh?

Your worthwhile trade options are pretty much nil, so I wouldn't count on building your team through savvy deal making. The best bet would probably just to scour the waiver wires constantly - check out KFFL.com all the time - they give good info. You just might be fortunate enough to land the next Domanick Davis/Rudi Johnson/Anquan Boldin if you're lucky.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby steelerfan04 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:00 pm

Try to trade Trent Green. Otherwise your situation seems pretty much hopeless. Good WRs to build around, though. How many at each position do you start?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:20 pm

It looks hopeless, but I would try to trade Green for a young QB and try to get that person to throw in a young back. I think I would try to get William Green while he is cheap to get. I think he will have a monster yr.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:36 pm

id say cut your losses and work for the future. wait a couyple weeks into the season so guys values can go up or down, and trade low.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk