Some Info From Todays Dolphins Press Conference - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some Info From Todays Dolphins Press Conference

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some Info From Todays Dolphins Press Conference

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:43 pm

*Dave Wannstedt had no clue and didn't know this was coming until Friday.
*Travis Minor knew about it a week ago and didn't tell anyone.
*Wannstedt would not mention if money was brought up by either side (I'm assuming they probably said we'll pay you more just come back!)
*Travis Minor is the current #1 RB, plays will be tweaked for whoever is in the lineup.
*The GM is in no rush to add a RB and will take his time and see who may be out there.
*Word is Ricky is in Japan.

As a side note....I read that last nite ESPN Radio reported that Edgerrin James expects to play in and only in Miami next year. This is his contract year along with Harrison and they won't be able to sign both. James is a Cane and from the area.

Could there be a possible trade here????
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Some Info From Todays Dolphins Press Conference

Postby BGbootha » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:29 pm

VaderFin wrote:As a side note....I read that last nite ESPN Radio reported that Edgerrin James expects to play in and only in Miami next year. This is his contract year along with Harrison and they won't be able to sign both. James is a Cane and from the area.

This is the first i have heard of this. But it almost makes sense from that stand point. They wont' be able to keep them both. And with Manning signed on for a while. It doens't take a psychic to predict who stays between harrison and James.

I think James could really help out Miami (not to mention could be a great from a fantasy perspective).
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Re: Some Info From Todays Dolphins Press Conference

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:31 pm

VaderFin wrote:*Dave Wannstedt had no clue and didn't know this was coming until Friday.
*Travis Minor knew about it a week ago and didn't tell anyone.
*Wannstedt would not mention if money was brought up by either side (I'm assuming they probably said we'll pay you more just come back!)
*Travis Minor is the current #1 RB, plays will be tweaked for whoever is in the lineup.
*The GM is in no rush to add a RB and will take his time and see who may be out there.
*Word is Ricky is in Japan.

As a side note....I read that last nite ESPN Radio reported that Edgerrin James expects to play in and only in Miami next year. This is his contract year along with Harrison and they won't be able to sign both. James is a Cane and from the area.

I can't see Indy agreeing to trade Edge this season. They are in their last legitimate season for a Super Bowl run with this current core group. They intend to ride Edge as far as he will take them and start over with Dominick Rhodes next year probably.

I'm sure Edge would love to return to Miami though. I'd rather see Edge in a grass outdoor stadium than that astroturf crap.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:47 pm

When the Ricky to Miami trade was still in the discussion phases I think I remember hearing that Edge also wanted to play there. Would make more sense now, though if it does happen it likely will be next year as a free agent, as Indy wants to make that push at the Super Bowl.

Though I don't know how much longer Miami can hold their high priced, aging defense together to wait for another RB.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:51 pm

Dave W steps up to the mike..

"I know this is a freaking circus, and most of you hate my freaking guts. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've gone nutty like poo, and brought Maurice Clarett in for a workout. Stay tuned!"

Oh god I would laugh.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 25cent » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:08 pm

bye bye ricky the dope smoker
25cent
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk