Bennett, Smith, Moe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bennett, Smith, Moe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bennett, Smith, Moe

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:22 pm

Anyone know when Moe, Bennett, and O. Smith become free agents? I think smith is in a couple yrs and bennett next yr, but i'm not sure.

Thanks
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Vikes

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:39 pm

Not Sure. But on the same lines who has the lead on the starting r/b slot? Now that I have to replace Ricky on my Keeper, Moe is avail but does anyone know where he is in the race for #1?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Play Maker » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:42 pm

Mike Tice already said that Bennett is his man, and will get more goal-line carries this year. If only i could find the article when he said that, but Moe is most likely the 2nd rb.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vegas » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:03 pm

I would tend to agree with Play Maker's assessment, except that I just can't trust Mike Tice's word. There was that time last season when Tice said Onterrio was going to be the focus this week and have X carries, and I bought it like a chump and benched productive Moe for Onterrio. :) Then of course, Moe tore it up that week and Onterrio did pretty much nothing. Argh!

So while I think there's a good chance Bennett will actually be the focus this year and will have a good season, I'll be a little worried if I end up drafting him that Tice might be blowing smoke again.
Vegas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:46 pm

Vegas wrote:I would tend to agree with Play Maker's assessment, except that I just can't trust Mike Tice's word. There was that time last season when Tice said Onterrio was going to be the focus this week and have X carries, and I bought it like a chump and benched productive Moe for Onterrio. :) Then of course, Moe tore it up that week and Onterrio did pretty much nothing. Argh!

So while I think there's a good chance Bennett will actually be the focus this year and will have a good season, I'll be a little worried if I end up drafting him that Tice might be blowing smoke again.

bingo. I've already posted warning people about what tice did last season. I would stay away for now.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FourthandLong » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:19 pm

[quote="Play Maker"]Mike Tice already said that Bennett is his man, and will get more goal-line carries this year. If only i could find the article when he said that, but Moe is most likely the 2nd rb.[/quote]

-- Vikings RB Plans --
Tue Jun 29, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

FFMastermind.com senior fantasy writer and Vikings Update correspondent John Holler reports current plan is to have RB Michael Bennett run the ball 15-18 times a game, with RB Onterrio Smith spelling him for approximately one drive per half and getting eight to 10 carries a game. RB Moe Williams will remain the third-down and short-yardage back and will likely get five to eight carries a game. Waiting in the wings is rookie RB Mewelde Moore, who has already signed and is expected to be used in spot duty as both a rusher and receiver. If the projections hold up, the Vikings plan to run 30 times or more per game. Whether that holds up is yet to be seen, but, while other teams are fearing the Vikings offense because of the ability to put up huge numbers offensively, don't be fooled. The Vikes will prefer to play smashmouth ball and drive the football down the opponent's throat in the running game -- then go deep to WR Randy Moss to burn them for a quick seven points.
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby xbird » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:37 pm

I would think that Moe or Smith would be a trade candidate for
the Phins. Thoughts?
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FourthandLong » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:40 pm

[quote="xbird"]I would think that Moe or Smith would be a trade candidate for
the Phins. Thoughts?[/quote]

someone already came through with this article on another string but here it is again since its particularity relevent to this string

-- Dolphins Eyeing Michael Bennett --
Sun Jul 25, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

FFMastermind.com senior fantasy writer and Vikings Update correspondent John Holler reports there may be a Vikings connection to the retirement of Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams. [b]Holler was told late Saturday that the Dolphins are scrambling for a potential replacement. One name that has surfaced, according to Holler's Dolphins source, is RB Michael Bennett. [/b]The rationale behind the announcement is, as of yet, unclear. More than a couple sources close to the situation have told Holler that Williams might be subject to a suspension for failing a league-mandated substance abuse policy. While the results of any NFL testing is kept under strict confidentiality, Williams announcement -- especially the timing, just days before the start of training camp -- is being viewed skeptically. This leads back to Bennett simply. From what Holler has been told, the Dolphins are looking at teams that have available running backs -- those with depth at the position. If Williams had made his proclamation earlier in the week, players like RB Eddie George and/or RB Antowain Smith could have cashed in for more than each signed on for. With both of them off the board, Holler was told that the Dolphins are targeting a half-dozen teams with depth at running back. The story is that the Dolphins are in panic mode and are willing to part with a player and a future No. 1 draft pick to fill the unexpected void. One of the teams being considered is the Vikings. With the depth of having RB Onterrio Smith, RB Moe Williams and rookie RB Mewelde Moore, the feeling is that Minnesota may be a team to contact on Bennett's availability. Whether the Vikings would have any interest in making a deal hasn't been factored in. HC Mike Tice has big plans for Bennett this year that don't involve the Dolphins. There's a very good chance nothing will come of it, but that doesn't mean calls won't be made.
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Bennett, Smith, Moe

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:45 pm

Go Vikes wrote:Anyone know when Moe, Bennett, and O. Smith become free agents? I think smith is in a couple yrs and bennett next yr, but i'm not sure.

Thanks

Michael Bennett: FA after 2005 season
Moe Williams: FA after 2005 season
Onterrio Smith: RFA after 2005 season
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Bennett, Smith, Moe

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:17 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:Anyone know when Moe, Bennett, and O. Smith become free agents? I think smith is in a couple yrs and bennett next yr, but i'm not sure.

Thanks

Michael Bennett: FA after 2005 season
Moe Williams: FA after 2005 season
Onterrio Smith: RFA after 2005 season

Thanks King Ghidra.

I don't think the Vikings will get Onterrio and Bennett back in 2005. The reason is I think someone will either pay more money for Bennett than Red wants to spend and they will just make sure they get O. Or else Bennett stays and they let smith go. I just don' think 2 young talented backs will want to be on the same team.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk