Bennett, Smith, Moe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bennett, Smith, Moe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bennet

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:36 pm

The Vikings problem is Culpepper loves to roll out nad hit moss or run into endzone, C. Pepp and moss combined for almost 25 tds last year. bennet's best year produced reasonable yardage but low tds. Even if he does stay healthy and get goalline carries the Vikings are unlikely to simply run a small rb up the gut when they have the best running qb and redzone wr in the game. Bennet should have at most 7-9 tds, making him a reasonable 3rd rb if he repeats the yardage he had in 2003/
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bennett, Smith, Moe

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:39 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:Anyone know when Moe, Bennett, and O. Smith become free agents? I think smith is in a couple yrs and bennett next yr, but i'm not sure.

Thanks

Michael Bennett: FA after 2005 season
Moe Williams: FA after 2005 season
Onterrio Smith: RFA after 2005 season

Any early guesses as to who stays, and who goes where? I would find it hard to think the Vikes would let Bennett go (at least without a fight) to keep Onterrio. Bennett is one of the fastest backs, and Smith hasn't proved much. Unless Onterrio tears it up this year, I think he might be heading out. Where? Don't know. Tampa Bay? Oakland? That's a long ways away.
As for Moe, I don't think he'll be too much of factor after this year. At least not with the Vikes.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Go Vikes » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:42 pm

If bennett wants too much money, I think he'll leave, but I don't think that will happen.

I believe Smith will be playing elsewhere if he is not traded first. What about a replacement for Tiki Barber? I think he's about 29, in 2005 he'll be 30-31. I think Fargas is the future in Oakland.

I believe he could play with either of the NY teams, possibly TB. What about Chicago if TJ doesn't work out and the thomas is traded. How about Seattle if SA leaves?

Just thoughts here.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FourthandLong » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:15 pm

has anyone heard anything more about the bennett or onterrio rumors to MIA. im feelin they were nothin more than rumors and foster is the new rumor of the day. anything new?
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:11 am

This whole rotation that Tice is talking about makes my head spin! You would think that he would want to have some kind of continuity in the backfield for the betterment of the offense. They are going to have to figure out pretty soon whom they are going to keep and whom they are going to let go because that's way too many people that are going to be FAs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:17 pm

The funny thing is that they could have picked up Buckholter for a fourth round pick as the Eagles left him unprotected.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:53 pm

PSU All Day wrote:The funny thing is that they could have picked up Buckholter for a fourth round pick as the Eagles left him unprotected.

I'm shocked no one at least made an offer to Buck. You'd think a team like Oakland, Miami or Tampa Bay would've given it a shot, even if it was just to add depth to the RB corps.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:25 pm

FourthandLong wrote:has anyone heard anything more about the bennett or onterrio rumors to MIA. im feelin they were nothin more than rumors and foster is the new rumor of the day. anything new?

Bennett is off the block. They would trade Smith for a high price thus making it unlikely. I will provide a link if someone needs it.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:29 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
PSU All Day wrote:The funny thing is that they could have picked up Buckholter for a fourth round pick as the Eagles left him unprotected.

I'm shocked no one at least made an offer to Buck. You'd think a team like Oakland, Miami or Tampa Bay would've given it a shot, even if it was just to add depth to the RB corps.

Im pretty sure i read that nobody was going to try and make an offer simply b/c the Eagles had a ton of cap room left and would have easily matched it....but still, its worth a shot. It wouldnt have cost the offering team anything if the Eagles matched

---

to add to cooleys post, apparently O. Smith has a very high price tag. MIN is definitely putting the squeeze on MIA
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Flux wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

Im pretty sure i read that nobody was going to try and make an offer simply b/c the Eagles had a ton of cap room left and would have easily matched it....but still, its worth a shot. It wouldnt have cost the offering team anything if the Eagles matched

---

to add to cooleys post, apparently O. Smith has a very high price tag. MIN is definitely putting the squeeze on MIA

Minnesota is in the perfect position if they wanna get rid of one of their backs. They can push Miami so hard against the wall and get almost anything they want at this point.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk