This is funny, Ricky retires then... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This is funny, Ricky retires then...

Moderator: Football Moderators

What Should the punishment be for FF players offering deals for Ricky now be???

Get booted from the league
4%
Become locked from all pickup dropping options
6%
Forced to keep Ricky on the team the entire year as punishment
36%
Nothing at all
55%

Total votes : 53

Re: trades

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:08 pm

Superman in Training wrote:I am comish of both the leagues I am in and we vote on all trades, majority wins. Trades are rarely vetoed unless they are really unfair like this kind. Not everyone can spend the time to research like we do. Some people have things like families to take care of and they shouldn't be punished for that. People that pray on the weak should play in a more competitive league.

QB: McNabb,Garcia
RB: J.Lewis,F. Taylor,Barlow,K.Jones,C.Brown, O. Smith
WR:A.Boldin,A. Lelie,A. Davis, Reggie Williams
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Josh Brown
D: New England

Why did you post your team? What league is it in?
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ngub12 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:10 pm

i was camping in the Adirondacks from last thursday to sunday. when i came back and checked my fantasy, someone offered me RW for DD. I almost accepted it, but when i checked the cafe on this i was informed that ricky had retired. it really really sucks that rick had to be an idiot, and we can certainly simpathize with those who took him in the draft, but still it is very cheap to try and trade him.

in one of my leagues i picked up T minor and have offered him for ricky. this is in the hopes that ricky comes back. i dont think he will, but travis sucks and i will take that chance just so i can rub it in the owners face if he for some reason decided to come back. i think that would be the best punishment.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

team roster

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:57 pm

I just posted my team roster cause I am proud of it and it is a part of my signature .... I thought we were talking about Ricky though....
I am in 2 private leagues and I am producing a fantasy football show on local access TV
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Monty » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:21 am

ok, i thought you wanted us to judge your team or something... just wanted to clarify.
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:51 am

ngub12 wrote: it really really sucks that rick had to be an idiot,

Ricky wasn't being an idiot though. He made more than enough money to live comfortably for life and take care of his kids. Had some outstanding football seasons, can do whatever he pretty much wants at 27, isn't going to end up crippled for life from football.

Look, the man was like Nirvana. He was the real deal superstar, but he didn't want to be. Just because he could've aided many a fantasy football team win their league doesn't make it idiotic for him to retire. He's under no obligation to consider our fantasy football woes. It would be idioitic for him to continue playing football and risking crippling himself when he a) doesn't want to play anymore, and b) has enough money that its not an issue.

I think the owners of Ricky that offer trades are just being shrewd and trying to collect some sorta compensation for a guy who was no doubt their 1st rounder. That being said, any significant trade involving him should be vetoed to protect owners who were away on vacation, or just didnt have the time to keep up with the news.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Monty » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:17 pm

I dont think that Ricky thought about or even cared about FF players when he retired, and he shouldnt have
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:32 pm

maddog60 wrote:
ngub12 wrote: it really really sucks that rick had to be an idiot,

Just because he could've aided many a fantasy football team win their league doesn't make it idiotic for him to retire. He's under no obligation to consider our fantasy football woes. It would be idioitic for him to continue playing football and risking crippling himself when he a) doesn't want to play anymore, and b) has enough money that its not an issue.quote]

True enough but it does make him an idiot not to honour a contract, to announce this decision a week before camp when it has been in his head for months and to make excuses for his retirement (spending more time with his kids) and then leaving the freaking country.

I would have much more respect for this stupid hippie if he had said... don't want to or can't do this anymore... really sorry about the timing.. here's your cash back.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk