My Top 15 WR's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Top 15 WR's

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Top 15 WR's

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:56 pm

Ok.....now that it seems like the Ricky retirement shock is wearing out I figured I'd throw this out.

TD’s = 6 pts. each
Each 25 yards of Total Yards Receiving = 1 pt.

I made predictions for the WR's and given the above critera for my league I present to you my top 15 WR's and how many points they were awarded after their projected stats were givin a point value off of the above criteria. Some of you may have looked at "My top 13 QB's" and "My top 18 RB's and were surprised....it'll be interesting what kind of response this list gets.

1. Randy Moss (166 pts)
2. Harrison (126 pts)
3. Owens (123 pts.)
4. Chad Johnson (112 pts)
5. Holt (110 pts)
6. Boldin (98 pts)
7. Horn (96 pts)
8. Ward (96 pts)
9. K. Robinson (96 pts)
10. Steve Smith (96 pts)
11. Sanatana Moss (94 pts)
12. Javon Walker (91 pts)
13. Coles (90 pts)
14. Tony Gonzalez (90 pts) (TE's are lumped in with WR's in my leagues)
15. Darrell Jackson (90 pts)

Feel free to call me an idiot or a genius or something inbetween! What do you think? I'll be in an out the rest of the evening (wonders if a Minn. Twins game is on TV tonight....hmmmm) ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Monty » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:01 pm

very good, IMO K.Rob and J.Walker are too high and Coles is too low, other than that i like it
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:25 pm

i like it as well. There are a couple small adjustments that i have on mine, but again we are pretty close.

I would swap D. Jacks and K. Rob. And i agree that Walker might be a little low. Other than that i think you have it pretty well.

Ohh and i have Ward and Horn switched as well.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby clmor » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:26 pm

I don't think it's that bad of a list.

Boldin obviously jumps out as being very high and someone that I don't think is going to be a top 6 guy. I think, at minimum on your list, Horn and Ward should move up one spot and drop Bolden behind those two. Again, not where I have them or him, just as it pertains to your list/values.

I guess the two big names missing from this list are D. Mason and E. Moulds. I don't like either of them a tremendous amount this year but I would be a lot more confident in them being on a/your top 15 list before any of your current 9-15 guys and your current number 6 guy.

I can say with 99.9% confidence there is no way BOTH Seattle WR's outscore both Mason and Moulds.

Just my opinion. I definitely like seeing alternative perspectives.
clmor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:31 pm

id move coles up to around 8th. favre likes spreading the ball out so id drop javon right off the list. the top 5 is alrite. not too bad headliner
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuffbuc » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:39 pm

So you are saying Holt will only get 1250 yards and 6 TD's?????????? Are you crazy?

What makes you think that Holt's production will drop that MUCH? They play the 8th easiest Pass defense this year, He has now had a full year with Bulger and there are major questions about Faulks knee(Faulk not catching 85 passes last year added to Holt's #'s)

Alll those factors add up to Holt being the #2 WR this year, only second to Moss! Harrison isn't getting any younger and Owens will have to put up those #'s in only 13-14 games.
Let me know what you guys think. I pick Holt to get 1650 yards and 10 TD's and Harrison to follow with 1500 yards and 10 TD's, Owens 1200 yards and 11 TD's.
tuffbuc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tuffbuc » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:40 pm

other than Holt we are pretty close to the same
tuffbuc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Flux » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:07 pm

no love for Mason? :-t
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:57 am

Ok....sorry all...my roommate and I went out to see "I, Robot" tonight. I thought it was a very good movie, he gave it a thumbs down. Anyways, back to the real reason of this post.

Thanks for your posts. I have taken all your thoughts and will closely monitor those players and things may change....I'll put some thought into it. So, if I do not directly comment on your post it was viewed and will help me think about my draft lists over the coming month or so before my first draft.

clmor:

I have Mason at #17 with 87 points (7 TD, 1125 yds). I don't see a repeat of last seasons yards for him, but moreso something on par with his three-yr averages.

Moulds.....well....to predace I just don't like the Bills offense. Henry will get his due, but that's it. So, I expect something close to his 3-yr averages at something like 4 TD and 900 yds. No, I am not showing him no love. I know that.

tuffbuc:

Holt will get 8 TD's and 1550 yards (an average of last 3 seasons ironically). St. Louis still spreads the ball around and I view Faulk at least being around for as much of this season as he was last season....maybe more....barring injury ofcourse. So, I view 8-10 TD's more likely than 10-12. for him. I just settled on 8. I just think that's more likely.

Harrison I have at 12 TD's and 1350 yards.

Owens I have at 12 TD's and 1275 yards.

flux:

Add another TD score and 75 yards to my projections for Mason and he goes from being a #17 WR on my draft board to being tied with 4 others at #7 WR on my board. So, I'm showing him some love, just mabye a little less than others would.

In fact, my #4 rated WR (Johnson at 112 pts) and my #11 rated WR (S. Moss at 94 pts) are really only a score and 50 yards apart. Not much distances them. Bottom line, Moss is the elite guy and everyone else is playing for second fiddle. And I am a Vikings fan and a Moss hater saying this. Them are powerful words in that light. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wolverine » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:17 am

tuffbuc wrote:What makes you think that Holt's production will drop that MUCH? They play the 8th easiest Pass defense this year, He has now had a full year with Bulger and there are major questions about Faulks knee(Faulk not catching 85 passes last year added to Holt's #'s)

Torry Holt is going to have another good year for the reasons listed above. I also have a gut feeling that Ike Bruce will bounce back this year and be on the fringe of breaking into the top 15. Considering that the Rams will toss for over 3,800 yards this year, there are plenty of receiving yards to go around.

And leaving Derrick Mason out of this list is an insult to the guy. Last year was far from a fluke and now that McCareins is gone he'll have to step up even more. I have him listed as my #7 WR going into draft day. I pretty much have Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason switched when I compare lists. Boldin is going to be a bust pick this year for going in the third round, I look for him to put up late 4th or 5th round numbers.

As was mentioned, K-Rob should be swapped with D-Jax. K-Rob has to earn the right to be ranked ahead of Jackson and he has failed to do that yet.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk