My Top 15 WR's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Top 15 WR's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My Top 15 WR's

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:23 am

mnheadliner wrote:Ok.....now that it seems like the Ricky retirement shock is wearing out I figured I'd throw this out.

TD’s = 6 pts. each
Each 25 yards of Total Yards Receiving = 1 pt.

I made predictions for the WR's and given the above critera for my league I present to you my top 15 WR's and how many points they were awarded after their projected stats were givin a point value off of the above criteria. Some of you may have looked at "My top 13 QB's" and "My top 18 RB's and were surprised....it'll be interesting what kind of response this list gets.

1. Randy Moss (166 pts)
2. Harrison (126 pts)
3. Owens (123 pts.)
4. Chad Johnson (112 pts)
5. Holt (110 pts)
6. Boldin (98 pts)
7. Horn (96 pts)
8. Ward (96 pts)
9. K. Robinson (96 pts)
10. Steve Smith (96 pts)
11. Sanatana Moss (94 pts)
12. Javon Walker (91 pts)
13. Coles (90 pts)
14. Tony Gonzalez (90 pts) (TE's are lumped in with WR's in my leagues)
15. Darrell Jackson (90 pts)

Feel free to call me an idiot or a genius or something inbetween! What do you think? I'll be in an out the rest of the evening (wonders if a Minn. Twins game is on TV tonight....hmmmm) ;-D

I'm not a huge fan of those rankings mate. In my humble opinion, Chad Johnson, Anquan Bolidin and Koren Robinson are too high. Hines Ward and Laveraneous Coles are too low I think.

WR rankings are seriously tough to predict this year. I mean I thought that Moss, Harrison and Holt were the consesus top 3 but you got Holt down at 5! See what i mean. WR is a pretty inconsistent position in terms of production once you get out of the top few who knows whats gonna happen.

Apart from those points i made earlier, sure your rankings could prove to be right. Its too hard to call.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:53 am

Wolverine wrote:
Torry Holt is going to have another good year for the reasons listed above. I also have a gut feeling that Ike Bruce will bounce back this year and be on the fringe of breaking into the top 15. Considering that the Rams will toss for over 3,800 yards this year, there are plenty of receiving yards to go around.

I think that's a touch optomistic. The Rams are no longer "the Greatest Show on Turf" team that they were just a few years back. Bulger was dreadful the last half of the year, November in particular and you could tell that Martz was losing confidence in him as well as he in himself. Factor in an aging Bruce and who knows what of the RB situation there.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:53 am

mnh - can we get your views on Boldin?

To me, his situation last yr was a special circumstance of a QB who graced him with more balls thrown to him than most any other WR in the league. With a new coach, new system, new QB, and another top WR threat, can you really see Boldin repeating or actually improving on last yrs numbers?

Also - your 9-12 picks are pretty risky. Youth is definitely served in your rankings. Id rather go for safer picks with my early rd selections.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:13 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:mnh - can we get your views on Boldin?

To me, his situation last yr was a special circumstance of a QB who graced him with more balls thrown to him than most any other WR in the league. With a new coach, new system, new QB, and another top WR threat, can you really see Boldin repeating or actually improving on last yrs numbers?

Also - your 9-12 picks are pretty risky. Youth is definitely served in your rankings. Id rather go for safer picks with my early rd selections.

Boldin: 8 TD's, 1250 yards. That's taking into account less receptions and less yards. Bottom line, Boldin had to have talent to put up those numbers last season. He was the main Arizona weapon to game plan for as a Def. Cord. He had three 100-yard games in his final six games. I think Fitzgerald will have a fine season beside him, but even given that, there are still enough touches to split between two very good WR's.

9-12 picks:

9. K. Robinson: 8 TD, 1200 yards. I thought he'd break out last season. Had him on my team. He did not. But you can't deny the talent. I will be watching him closely in training camp, that's for sure.

10. Steve Smith: 8 TD, 1200 yards. He fell in line with the old theory that the third year in the NFL is the most likely year a WR will havea breakout season. Jake Delhomme got more confident and better as the season progressed so I expect a slight bum in Smith's numbers over last years' numbers.

11. Santana Moss: 8 TD, 1150 yards. He had 10 TDs last season, I'm projecting 8 this year. The yards I'm projecting to be similar. I actualy think I could be short-changing the guy as I think he could really emerge into an elite WR this year also. Major upside to him.....but not enough to project higher numbers at this point.

12. Javon Walker: 9 TD, 900 yards. Man, will I be watching the Green Bay WR's closely in training camp. Who will it be this year as the main guy (at WR)? Walker? Driver? Ferguson (me no thinks so)? I already was going to watch this closely, but if Walker is still a starter next season (which I expect) then this is a 3rd season NFL WR that has a legit chance at repeating his total TD's of 9 and building on his yardage total of last season (716). Remember, he only got 41 receptions last season and did that kind of damage with it.

These are auction drafts for me. Starting this season we'll be able to keep 2 players each offseason for a 10 percent premium on what we paid for them the previous season. But a player can only be carried over once before being available for everyone at the draft again. So, I will be looking for the best players for this season....not future ones....regardless of age.

WR is a landscape where the top 15 is totally different each and every season. It's easy for players to break out and easy for them to slide in rankings. That's why I typically do not spend much of my budget on WR's. So, I personally don't plan on getting anyone in the top 10 on my list, and probably not anyone in the top 15. My money is better served on a #1 and #2 RB and a #1 QB ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:24 pm

Good List overall. Boldin is too high for me. Why does Mason get nothing all the guys done is put up 3 1000 yrd seasons in a row. Other than that good list.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:48 pm

just for comparison here's my official fantasy list of WR's..... by no means am I saying i'm the one all be all expert, but anyway

1.randy moss
2.marvin harrison
3.torry holt
4.terrell owens
5.lavernues coles
6.heinz ward
7.koren robinson
8.jimmy smith
9.chad johnson
10.peerless price
11.joe horn
12.steve smith
13.eric moulds
14.keyshawn johnson
15.santana moss
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby clmor » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:26 pm

cardiac cats wrote:just for comparison here's my official fantasy list of WR's..... by no means am I saying i'm the one all be all expert, but anyway

1.randy moss
2.marvin harrison
3.torry holt
4.terrell owens
5.lavernues coles
6.heinz ward
7.koren robinson
8.jimmy smith
9.chad johnson
10.peerless price
11.joe horn
12.steve smith
13.eric moulds
14.keyshawn johnson
15.santana moss

Not a bad list here either--you start off strong for the first 4 or so--depends if someone like Coles--personally, I don't have him that high this year.

I think C.J. is too low along with Horn, Moulds and especially Moss.

No way I see Key being a top guy in Dallas. I'd be surprised if he beat out some teams 2nd guy for stats this year--like K. Rob, McCareins and Warrick.

Don't see K-Rob being that high--especially with no D-Jax on the list.

I do like seeing someone put S. Smith and J. Smith on a list.

Good Post!
clmor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:30 pm

well it just seems keyshawn catches around 100 balls every year... ok that may be a little exxagerated and he doesn't catch Tds alot but i respect the parcells connection.... and for kicks i got darrell jackson in slot 21
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:32 pm

I will chew my own arm off if Keyshawn finishes the year inside the top 15 receivers. I also agree with DJ needing to be in there. And as stated in another thread I am not in the Coles top 5 or even top 10 camp (and I have him in a keeper league so I hope I'm wrong lol). I also don't think there is anyway Jimmy Smith makes the top 10 of receivers. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on your list.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk