rbs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

rbs

Moderator: Football Moderators

rbs

Postby Bears_Fan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:47 pm

Yeah, Dominck Davis is way overrated, he's an okay back who had a couple of good games on a team that will take another couple years to mature. While Cinci with Palmer maybe in same situation they have warrick and C. Johnson. Also, Rudi is fast and hard to tackle so lack of passing game may help or not affect his stats. The bottom line is rudi will get more tds, dominick is unproven and on bad offense, and Cinicy is headed forward at much faster pace as a team. As for Barlow, he's an interesting 2nd rb if you have insurance, the 49ers don't really have an offense so his td numbers probably won't be great but their defense is good, so he may have chance to put up some decent numbers if they dont' get to far behind.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:54 pm

I like rudi alot and after watching him all last summer i think he will really break out.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:03 am

I think Rudi is a pretty big bust candidate - much more than DDavis.

As mentioned in other threads, he had 4 great games last yr - all against bad run defenses, so his total stats are really not a good indicator at all. CIN SOS against the run is simply the toughest in the NFL this yr - they will put the ball up early and often. Defenses will force CIN to pass more with the Palmer effect - make the inexperienced QB beat them. Finally - trading up to draft Perry isnt a strong indicator for Rudi.

As for your statement that DDavis is overrated because of a couple good games - I argue he had more good games than Rudi did. They may not have been as good - but he was consistantly more successful.

The biggest concern with DDavis is his frailty and a healthy Hollings pushing him.

Barlow wont get the numbers most people think he will - that is unless he is simply that talented where he can take on 8 defenders every play, and SF's D can stop opponents from scoring. :-t

This is a big reason why the 2nd rd RBs dont have a lot of value to them - just a whole lot of risk.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:19 am

BEarsfan, you said DD was "unproven?" But here you are talking about how awesome rudi is. Now im a fan of both of them, but as far as i know DD has more experience than Rudi, and has amassed more yards with more attempts. If either of the 2 is "unproven" its Rudi.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk