Auction League Board Draft Setup - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Auction League Board Draft Setup

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction League Board Draft Setup

Postby Portishead » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:03 am

I am in an auction league and we are going into our second year. There was some clamoring by a couple of owners in the league who complained that the draft board last year was not sufficient. They want the draft board to keep a running total of how much money each team has left and what spots they need to fill on their roster. Last year the board simply listed who had been auctioned, how much they went for, and what team bought them. All the info is there, just not organized for you.

My contention is that is half the battle in an auction - if I know how much you have and who you have already, good for me. I don't think this info should be given to everyone because people should be paying attention and if they don't know how much I have left, tough sh&#.

I'm curious how other auction league draft boards are set up.
Portishead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:16 am

We've run ours two ways.

Some years, when we've been at the place of work of some of our guys, we hooked up a laptop to the overheard projector and had all of that information available all the same for someone to see...

Other years, when it's at someone's house, we announce the holdings and remaining money about once an hour or so. In between, everyone is responsible for keeping up their own stuff, and I tend to like this better, because I can keep up with things.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby pmix » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:03 am

Our group gets together in a nice big office conference room. We hang large sheets of paper on the walls with each team name on it. When a player is won by a member he rights down the name, position, $ sold for, and cap remaining. This way everybody has access to the same info with out keeping track of it themselves.

Now me personally, I keep everything in a spreadsheet. Now if it is done online, you could do it like we did in the auction mock draft on this website. Somebody has to update the info after each round or after so many players have been bid on.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:10 am

pmix wrote:Our group gets together in a nice big office conference room. We hang large sheets of paper on the walls with each team name on it. When a player is won by a member he rights down the name, position, $ sold for, and cap remaining. This way everybody has access to the same info with out keeping track of it themselves.

By far the easiest, most efficient low-tech solution.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk