Individual Defensive Player Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Individual Defensive Player Scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

Individual Defensive Player Scoring

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:33 pm

Our commish wanted to add one defensive player to everyones roster. He set the scoring as:

Tackle Solo (0.5)
Sack (2)
Interception (2)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (1)
Block Kick (2)

who the hell should I look for? I am guessing a strong safety
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:37 pm

Ray Lewis would probably be the best because of all the solo tackles. Anyone have any suggestions?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:40 pm

RayRay is the #1 IDP on nearly every list I have seen.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:41 pm

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:43 pm

Where do they rank overall though? You do not take the number one kicker until late. What about these guys? Obviously you get your running back and wideouts first. But do you take a guy like Ray Lewis ahead of some scrub TE?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:47 pm

LBs are probably going to be your biggest IDP scorers.....followed by SS.

As for drafting, if it's only one IDP....don't draft untill late. Most of the positions are deep, about the only guy I would think of taking before round 6 is Ray Lewis. Otherwise bunch them with TE & K.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:47 pm

Well,think about it.I'd say 8-10 solo tackles is an average to good day for your better players,throw in a sack or a pick and your lucky to get 10 points out of the guy under this scoring system...take it from there.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:48 pm

Id wait until you have all of your starters (other than K) and maybe even a few Backup RBs and WRs before taking a Def Player. My strategy is wait until someone else has taken a DEF Player, then take the next best. They just dont get enough Fantasy Points to make it worthwhile.

Just want to throw another name out there for Def Player: S.Rice on the Bucs (hes a sack machine once Strahan is gone)
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:58 pm

Monty wrote:Id wait until you have all of your starters (other than K) and maybe even a few Backup RBs and WRs before taking a Def Player. My strategy is wait until someone else has taken a DEF Player, then take the next best. They just dont get enough Fantasy Points to make it worthwhile.

Just want to throw another name out there for Def Player: S.Rice on the Bucs (hes a sack machine once Strahan is gone)

I personally wouldn't bother with DEs, they get sacks.....but fewer tackles, and almost never an INT.

Tackles are going your most consistent scoring.....it's the key in IDP leagues. LBs generate the most tackles by far.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:11 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
Monty wrote:Id wait until you have all of your starters (other than K) and maybe even a few Backup RBs and WRs before taking a Def Player. My strategy is wait until someone else has taken a DEF Player, then take the next best. They just dont get enough Fantasy Points to make it worthwhile.

I personally wouldn't bother with DEs, they get sacks.....but fewer tackles, and almost never an INT.

Tackles are going your most consistent scoring.....it's the key in IDP leagues. LBs generate the most tackles by far.

Agreed. Monty was in a league with me where sacks were worth more than ints and fumbles (duno why) so that increased simeon rice's value. But if sacks are worth 2 (which they should be) and ints are worth 2-3 (i like 3) then you go with a LB, or maybe an SS. some of my favs:

Ray
Bulluck
Edwards

Archuleta
Chavous
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk