Dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pyro Pimp » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:25 am

Make sure you pay homage to the FF gods for pulling you through on this one. I suspect at least a 1/2 case of GOOD beer as a sacrifice would be needed in this case. The gods were good to you so don't get cheap on them or your wife will probably go into labor on the "blacked out" day you have set up. So don the ritual jersey and helmet, sing the ritual "Are you ready for some football" song and poor the beers to the gods! Now you have assured yourself of a fun and fruitful day of drafting my brother.

P.S. - Don't let your wife catch you performing said ritual as this would assuradly push her over the edge of tolerating FF. And to aid in hiding the evidence make sure the beer is poored down your throat as to not leave any stains on the carpet! Good luck in your draft. ;-D
Pyro Pimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:33 am

Congratulations man, after all your worrying and trying to think of ways to get around this, the commish solved it in a few minutes! Awesome, have fun ;-D
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:20 pm

It seems that bgbootha needs some of the sound advice you guys gave me a couple weeks ago. I'm bridging a link from his thread to hear.

BTW, in our league, changing dates to Sept. 5 didn't work due to other league members missing out on the draft. So, we all compromised on drafting August 29 -- the original date. My wife was impressed with me trying originally to get this date changed for her father's B-day, and with the wedding on the 28th, she was more than understanding when i asked her if it was OK to just draft on August 29. I think it all comes down to being honest, trying your hardest to avoid scheduling conflicts and being willing to bite the bullet if things don't go your way.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk