my Qb rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

my Qb rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:48 pm

I would love to be in the league where Brady was taken as the 3rd overrall QB. I don't know how long it would be until the laughter stopped. If fantasy points were awarded for winning then Brady would be the man right now...but we all know they are not. In my leagues scoring system last year Brady was the 12th best QB...I look for about the same results this year.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:52 pm

well u can't say garner is worthless, he knows gruden's playbook practically by heart from oakland, not to mention garner is excellent for those dump off passes

oh yeah and what were brady's official stats last year, i'm sure somewhere around 3000 plus yards, and 20 some odd tds, not bad with a shabby running game
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:53 pm

cardiac cats wrote:oh yeah and what were brady's official stats last year, i'm sure somewhere around 3000 plus yards, and 20 some odd tds, not bad with a shabby running game

Brady=3620 passing yards and 23 touchdowns
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FFRookie » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:20 pm

I hate to drag this on but Brady #3? McNabb #13, no A Brooks?

Last year Brady was #10, Brooks was #5 based on our league scoring. Playoff and Superbowl wins add up to zilch in FF.

This year I can see Brady being maybe #8 at best with the running game and all, maybe. Right now I actually have him at #12.
FFRookie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:05 pm

Brady will never be worthy of a #3 or even a top ten position. He doesn't have the ego for it, and if Dillon can give him a run game that will take away from his pass game. They would much prefer to run instead of pass, and Brady is the ultimate in QBs: he doesn't care about anything but the Ws. Brooks also is a sleeper to be a top 5 QB. If Stallworth can avoid injury, I know that's a stretch, the Saints should score tons and much of it will be through the air. I don't know about Bledsoe, he looked scared and pathetic too much last year for me to think he can shake it off. He does have a great offensive mind in coach Malarky, so...
Also any Buc player is at risk of flopping simply because Chucky's ego has destoryed that team. Johnson may put up some numbers simply because the Bucs may need to play catch up a lot, but INTs are going to be a problem.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:13 am

On the Johnson topic, it's no big secret that Chucky doesn't like him that much. He tried and failed to get Garcia which speaks volumes. I've also heard that Chucky may throw Simms in sooner than later after a good offseason.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:46 am

I'm sorry but this look mostly like pulling numbers out of a hat. McNabb at 13 and Brady/Vick 3/4. Except that in the pst 3 years, McNabb's point per game average has been above both each year. It's not being overrated when the numbers back prove whose a better fantasy QB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

QB ranking

Postby kvnhbbrd » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:57 am

Short and sweet,

The rankings look pretty good to me but, Bulger deserves to be higher. With Holt and Faulk he could have a huge year, I said could, and Pennington is way to high in my book. I will agree with my colleagues on the point that Brady is way to high on your list.
Culpepper, Manning, Vick, Brooks, Bulger, Hasselbeck, Favre, and McNabb, are the top QB's right now....
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:03 am

Wheres the love for aaron? i think he could have a better year than McNair. With stallworth healthy and just based on the fact that he has been getting better every year, especially in improving his TD to INT ratio., TOP 10 in my opinion

and take mark brunell off that list and throw up my boy joey harrington.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:55 am

Putting Brady in the top three would be dead on if this was real football, where winning matters. However, in fantasy land, overrated losers like Aaron Brooks will put up better stats. It almost makes me sick to pick a retard like Brooks over Brady, but until FF somehow takes into account intangibles, this is what we are left with.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk