What are they thinking !!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What are they thinking !!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What are they thinking !!!!

Postby Homeless » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:48 pm

A congressman who heads a homeland security subcommittee said on a radio call-in program that he agreed with the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II. Rep. Howard Coble, R-N.C., made the remark Tuesday on WKZL-FM when a caller suggested Arabs in the United States should be confined. Another congressman who was interned as a child criticized Coble for the comment, as did advocacy groups.

How freakin stupid can these politicians get?!

What possible positive outcome could he expect to get from saying that, and equally as important he must have realized that he risked uproar.

*sigh* These are the people we LET run our lives.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby JayM09 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:55 pm

thats pretty sad there 8-o

yeah, i cant believe he was voted in
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:03 pm

these congress people are gettin dumber by the day. first the one guy was pro-seperatist now this......

heads are gonna start to roll 8-o
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:07 pm

Yep. That's gotta be one of the dumbest things ever said. I'm sure there will be plenty of talk about it, and of course there will be his apology, and then talk about his apology, and then more talk about it, and blah,blah,blah. Pretty damn stupid. That guys going to take a lot of heat, and deservedly so.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:44 pm

fntsyrookie wrote:and of course there will be his apology, and then talk about his apology, and then more talk about it, and blah,blah,blah.

yup...I bet he is writeing his retraction right now.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm

<ahem>"...I would like to take this time to qualify my previous statement on confining Japanese-Americans. When I said that I supported this idea, I by no means intended to back that train of thought. Instead, I believe that the confinement of any Americans is against what this great country is all about..."<pause for cheap pop>"...I believe that we as Americans would all agree that WE should do the right thing! In times of war, WE as Americans should back each other and stand up against our enemies!! In WWII, our enemies were the Japanese, and NOT the Japanese-Americans!!! I do apologize for any Japanese-Americans who were imprisoned at the time of war! Let me be the first to apologize to you for that encumberment and herego also say that the reason you were assumed to be enemies of the state is due to the uncanny resemblance you have with our enemies!! Now, in this day and age we should all take precautions to not look like others who we deem as enemies!! Let us line up at the Plastic Surgeons of this country!! Let us all demand skin coloration, lip-enlargement and tummy-tucks to those in need!!! Let us stand up and be counted...Not as encumbered prisoners of war!! But, instead, as Botox loving individuals of many pigments and grossly enlarged puckers!! Let us all stand up and be counted for what we are!!!!! Proud Americans!!!!!! <ahem>....Thank you for your time..."

(comments expressed by congressional idiots do not represent those who are of sound mind and basic common sense. - The Mgmt.)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to General Talk