The 2nd Annual Fantasy VS Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The 2nd Annual Fantasy VS Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:38 pm

William Green

John Kitna vs Carson Palmer
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:39 pm

someone made this thread about a month or 2 ago, and it got locked because it was determined to be useless and just kept rising to the top of the forum, it kept pushing the other stuff down.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Monty » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:40 pm

my bad i'll stop posting in it
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:42 pm

well i dont know whats up with big musky and 3 of the same posts, but it think this thread could be very valuble if people would give explanations to why they chose that person, for example a couple of weeks ago i posted a topic with the name D Jax vs Moulds, now isnt that the same as posting that in here? as long as who replies is giving some backup to why jackson or moulds is going to have a better season, so if you dont want to participate thats cool, but no need to knock it, and if it turns out to be useless then it should be locked, i just thought this could help alot of people on not just drafts but trades and pickups to, when they have a tough decision to make.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:45 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:well i dont know whats up with big musky and 3 of the same posts, but it think this thread could be very valuble if people would give explanations to why they chose that person, for example a couple of weeks ago i posted a topic with the name D Jax vs Moulds, now isnt that the same as posting that in here? as long as who replies is giving some backup to why jackson or moulds is going to have a better season, so if you dont want to participate thats cool, but no need to knock it, and if it turns out to be useless then it should be locked, i just thought this could help alot of people on not just drafts but trades and pickups to, when they have a tough decision to make.

well it sure could, theres no doubt about that, but i think they said that if sumone wants a decision about a trade, they take it to the trade forum, and we also have the cafe cheat sheets that show the general order of guys.

I think the strong reason was these decisions can be decided by more than 1 person over in the drafting/trading frorum.
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:51 pm

i hate to be a party pooper so im not going to complain if this keeps going or anything, im just giving u guys a heads up that it may b locked or whatever.
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Paladyr » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:02 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:since it was already answered, for this one ill take Shipp because he will soon be starter, green is just making him work...

Rudi Johnson vs Domanick davis

I think it's fun and worthwhile.

I choose Rudi because everyone here in cinci loves him, he has a strong enough supporting cast, and DD will get injured this season and at least miss a few games.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:05 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:well i dont know whats up with big musky and 3 of the same posts, but it think this thread could be very valuble if people would give explanations to why they chose that person, for example a couple of weeks ago i posted a topic with the name D Jax vs Moulds, now isnt that the same as posting that in here? as long as who replies is giving some backup to why jackson or moulds is going to have a better season, so if you dont want to participate thats cool, but no need to knock it, and if it turns out to be useless then it should be locked, i just thought this could help alot of people on not just drafts but trades and pickups to, when they have a tough decision to make.

the reason it got bad was b/c people were just posting a player, and not giving a legit answer.

Why your thread of DJax vs Moulds was good is b/c it sparked an actual debate and more than one person got to voice their opinion, which lead to very good input and stats etc.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:07 pm

The reason this thread is not a good thread other than for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY is that thre is no debate - just one persons opinion - however flawed it may be.

If you want to know Rudi vs. DDavis for instance - start a thread on it and lets discuss it.

For instance - choosing Rudi because he seems to be a fan favorite isnt exactly a compelling argument - and I mean absolutely no disrespect to you Paladyr. He may be the better choice - he may not be - but lets talk about it rather than give one line opinions.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:11 pm

then maybe it could work if no one posts another "battle" until both sides of it have been argued? or maybe it is best for it to be done away with..
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk