Jamal Lewis to sit out of games during trial - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis to sit out of games during trial

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jamal Lewis to sit out of games during trial

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:08 pm

If his trial happens during the season. Rotoworld reports
Jamal Lewis will not play any football games during his legal trial if it happens during the season.
The Ravens will not shuttle Lewis to games on Sundays if he misses prep during the week. At this point, it appears Lewis's trial will occur during the season or after. Estimates for the trial range from one-to-three weeks. Musa Smith would likely start in his place.
"It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labor of calculation, which could be safely relegated to anyone else if machines were used." - Leibniz
KolbSaves
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:20 pm

very interesting - thanks for the heads up KS.

stay tuned...
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:23 pm

I think Billick is full of crap on this one. If he's got Jamal Lewis standing on the sideline on a Sunday, who's willing to run the ball, Billick would be an idiot to not put him in. Didn't Billick also say that Boller wouldn't play if he didn't sign by training camp last year? Well he was on the field on opening day. My advice: Don't buy it.
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:29 pm

I think Billick is full of crap on this one. If he's got Jamal Lewis standing on the sideline on a Sunday, who's willing to run the ball, Billick would be an idiot to not put him in. Didn't Billick also say that Boller wouldn't play if he didn't sign by training camp last year? Well he was on the field on opening day. My advice: Don't buy it.

I wouldn't buy it either, I have heard other accounts of when he will play, and I just can't see the Ravens sitting him if they had a chance to play him.

As far as Billick goes, I don't think he is lying about this. With Boller he was pressuring him to sign, but I don't see a reason for him pressuring Lewis. Unless he has some hidden motives.... :-?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:01 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I think Billick is full of crap on this one. If he's got Jamal Lewis standing on the sideline on a Sunday, who's willing to run the ball, Billick would be an idiot to not put him in. Didn't Billick also say that Boller wouldn't play if he didn't sign by training camp last year? Well he was on the field on opening day. My advice: Don't buy it.

well put. my advice also.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:16 pm

Well, according to the report he won't even be on the sidelines. It said they wouldn't "shuttle him to the game" if he missed practice during the week.
"It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labor of calculation, which could be safely relegated to anyone else if machines were used." - Leibniz
KolbSaves
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:38 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I think Billick is full of crap on this one. If he's got Jamal Lewis standing on the sideline on a Sunday, who's willing to run the ball, Billick would be an idiot to not put him in. Didn't Billick also say that Boller wouldn't play if he didn't sign by training camp last year? Well he was on the field on opening day. My advice: Don't buy it.

I agree with Stephen A. Smith also.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:40 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

I agree with Stephen A. Smith also.

LOL I was thinking the same thing KG. Saw PTI then came on here and was like "wait a second...didn't Smith just say the same thing?"
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:42 pm

If Billick values his job I think it would be in the best of interest to play Jamal Lewis.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:43 pm

Why couldn't Lewis just hop on a plane and fly back to Baltimore? No court I know of is open for business on Saturday or Sunday.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk