10 Team vs. 12 Team League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

10 Team vs. 12 Team League

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team vs. 12 Team League

Postby paulcseplo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:25 pm

I've always played in a 10-team league (standard scoring, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/D & 6 Bench spots). This year, the league is bumping up to 12 teams. With the increase, do I need to change any of my draft day strategy? I currently tier all players at each position. So I know if all of the running backs from the top 2 tiers are taken, it's okay to jump on Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison. Obviously, I still want to get 2 RB's in my first 3 picks - but my main question is, should I worry about changing any of my strategy for a 12 team draft? More than anything, I'm worried that a run on a position could lock me out of a good player at that position, and since there are going to be so many picks made between my picks, I still might not be able to make up for it by drafting "correctly". Any thoughts?
paulcseplo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby allstarqb » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:30 pm

I have played in 10-team leagues and 12 team leagues and haven't found that much of a difference. If you play your cards right you can still come out with a great team. I wouldn't adjust your draft strategy too much, just stick to your guns. Especially with Ricky gone you may need to get 2 RB's with your first 2 picks, but like you said you shouldn't reach for a lower-quality RB if Moss or Marvin are available
allstarqb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:39 pm

With the RBs so shallow with the departure of Ricky, I think having 2 RBs after the first 2 rounds is gonna be huge. Though you should get Moss or Harrison if there arent any good RBs left, dont reach for Holt or Owens. Personally I dont think Holt is going to do as well as last year. Not worth the mid 2nd being spent on him. Ill take him late 2nd or early 3rd though.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasyswami » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:54 pm

The biggest difference is the obvious one - rosters are much more watered down in a 12-team league, so there is much less parity between teams.

But this is just another reason to always draft THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, sticking to your talent-tiers closely. This will ensure that your roster will NOT be one of the lemons in your league.

My two cents...
Doghouse Fantasy Football Magazine - [i]"Man's Best Friend"[/i]
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:42 pm

yeah by the way u said standard scoring and i see only one QB starter.... well in the league i'm in we've always used 2 Qb's, and I think it works better that way
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk