Chris Chambers theory - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Chambers theory

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:22 am

Well the Dolphins will at least have a balanced offense now instead of running Ricky into a brick wall 30x a game.

Having a bad running game certainly doesn't disqualify you from having a good passing game. By good passing game I mean one that translates into big fantasy numbers for one WR.

If David Boston hadn't come to town, I'd feel pretty confident thinking Chambers could go for 1100 & 6. However, Boston is good enough to take significant looks away from Chambers.

If Miami wants to win games this year, they probably will have to evolve from a power rushing attack a west coast style offense team like the Bucs, Patriots or Raiders. That leads me to believe that neither WR will be a world beater, but both will be solid in spot duty. That also leads me to think Fiedler would be better suited for the role since his skill set looks more West Coast Offense than Air Coryell.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Superman in Training » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:51 am

I didn't mean that having a bad running game doesn't disqualify a team from having a good fantasy WR production, I just tried to convey that the odds are against it. The Fins seem to have a lot stacked against them and I am pretty much staying away from the situation all together. I like to take risks but not on this one.
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Play Maker » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:00 am

portisfan24 wrote:id keep him about where he is. defenses will not be respecting the run at all so there will be a lot of nickel and dime packages thrown at boston chambers and mcmike. plus the qb is either feeley or fiedler.

Anyback would have sucess if the offense lined up in a 1wr, 2te, 2rb set and run the ball good against the def. As for Chambers, he'll get anywhere from 1100-1300 yards rec only if Feely is the qb. The dolphins got a physical corp of wr's with speed in the 3rd and 4th.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk