Keeper League advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper League advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:51 pm

To get younger talent than Mccallister & Thomas,you would have to get a second year back or a rookie.So I don't really understand what you guys are talking about.Brooks will only be in his 4th year also.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:56 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:To get youger talent than Mccallister & Thomas,you would have to get a second year back or a rookie.So I don't really understand what you guys are talking about.Brooks will only be in his 4th year also.

Not to mention that Harrington isn't exactly a veteran himself. The only two guys where you might want to get some youth is at WR where there is Rice and J. Smith.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:39 am

I'd keep brooks.....McCallister, Dillion.....and surprise Jimmy Smith.....you at least want some consistency in scoreing and a solid vet will help that.....two out of the three Rb's are non consistehnt yet put up good numbers......and rumor mill has it the Jags are gonna try and get a burner for the side oppisite smith....and I know always the case with vets is health, but damn...I said that about Rice 5 years ago......and wow...what can u say......and BTW, welcome to the Cafe
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dem' Cowboys » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:44 pm

Thanks again for all the help. Now I only wish it would not have taken me so long to find this website. It is very difficult to find knowledgable FF folks, who actually know what their talkng about.
Dem' Cowboys
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Sandwich » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:55 am

OK, I am going to throw a small wrench in the conversation. I agree with Brooks, McAllister and Dillon. You may want to consider also hanging onto Harrington. I had him this year and he was inconsistent at best, but, he survived his rookie year on a really bad team and looked solid when given the chance. I think he he has more years in him and more up side potential then your WR's. There are only 32 starting QB's in the league and he is one of them and pretty durable too. There is a boatload of WR talent out there and even more comming up in the draft. Besides if everyone in your league goes heavy on RB's in the draft then you can pick up one of the top WR's left. Just some thoughts. Good luck and weclome to the Cafe. 0:-)
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk