Sex, pot offers turn off college recruit - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Sex, pot offers turn off college recruit

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sex, pot offers turn off college recruit

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:15 pm

EUGENE, Ore. -- The father of a University of Oregon football recruit says that his son decided against the school after he was offered sex and drugs during a campus visit, according to a California newspaper.

Leo Hamilton, the father of running back Lynell Hamilton from Stockton, Calif., told The Stockton Record that his son was offered marijuana, alcohol and sex at off-campus parties during his official visit to Oregon the weekend the Ducks played Arizona State.

Furthermore, he thought that UO coaches did little after being informed of the incidents.

"Lynell said no, but he never should have been in a situation where he had to make that decision,'' Leo Hamilton told the newspaper.

Lynell Hamilton signed Wednesday with San Diego State.

Allegations of inappropriate activity during college recruiting visits are not new nationwide, but Hamilton's comments mark the first time such accusations have been leveled against Oregon.

According to Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti, his coaching staff looked into the accusations and found nothing to substantiate Lynell Hamilton's claims of marijuana use.

"I don't know if it happened or didn't happen, but we talked to everyone involved and no one mentioned marijuana,'' Bellotti told The Record.

During a press conference Friday, Belletti said he conducts exit interviews with every recruit who visits the university, and he has never heard of a similar problem.

"Never in the eight years I've been the head coach has anybody suggested to me that there was a problem with drugs or alcohol and that they would not come here or that they were concerned about that,'' Bellotti said.

Oregon athletics director Bill Moos said a number of points remain unclear, but that he's satisfied with the findings from an internal investigation.

"In a number of instances -- those events that may be in question -- we could not be sure,'' Moos told The Record this week. "There may have been a situation that was not in line with what we want in a recruiting visit.''

Moos and Bellotti said Friday they didn't wish to comment directly on the allegations, or discuss what was published in The Record, because the school's compliance staff worried discussing the incident further would violate NCAA rules.

Lynell Hamilton made official visits to Oregon, Michigan, Colorado, Alabama A&M and San Diego State. Oregon was his first choice, but his parents steered him toward San Diego State based on his experiences at the other schools, the newspaper reported.

"Oregon was my No. 1 choice,'' Lynell Hamilton told The Record. "But they blew it for both of us.''

.......goodie two shoes!!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:05 pm

That is dumb.What did the guy expect to find at a college party,clowns & pin-the-tail on the donkey?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:14 pm

lmao gp... and dont forget the pony rides!!!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:41 pm

I don't know about the ponies...but i'm sure there were some good lookin phillies!!!! hehehe

"no one mentioned marijuana"....that's because only smack is sanctioned by the ncaa!!! lol :-B
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:03 pm

I live here in Oregon and went to OSU {GO BEAVS}, that being said, let me tell you all, UO is not a huge party school. If this Dad was appalled by this kind of behavior from a "subdued" school like UO, he'll crap himself when his kid tells him what they wanted him to do at a "REAL" party school.

Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:38 pm

ahhh...college....i remember that....I don't think it matters what school you go to, some may be rowdier than others, but college is a big party anyways....parents just need to remember that and trust that they raised their kids well enought to make the right decisions....

now lets grab dad and do a keg stand!!!!! hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:20 am

Sounds like this kid has lived in a closet his whole life. (In a very high pointdexter type voice) "Yeah I went to this campus, and there was this party...and people were consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking marijuana, and if that wasn't bad enough some girl came up to me and offered to participate in carnal knowledge with me." I mean c'mon man!! If he thinks that the same stuff isn't going to be happening in San Diego State, he's got another thing coming.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Sex, pot offers turn off college recruit

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:53 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:"Lynell Hamilton signed Wednesday with San Diego State.

(Lynell: Hmmmmmmm ... Oregon: Wet. Cold. Pine trees. Budweiser. San Diego: Surf. Sand. Bikinis. Tequila.
Wait!
I know what I'll tell the old man!
Yea! That'll work! ;-D
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:07 am

LOL @ GP

Man, this guy needs to get with the real world and fast. (not you GP) :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to College Football