One for all the Couch fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

One for all the Couch fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

One for all the Couch fans

Postby Homeless » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:06 pm

The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that the Browns may be entertaining the thought of trading either Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb. The Browns aggressively pursued and ultimately signed a fourth quarterback, former University of California star Pat Barnes, to compete with Josh Booty in a backup role.

In order to avoid a tense quarterback controversy in camp, the Brownies may indeed be considering the rumored trade of Couch to the Cardinals. Cleveland is way over the cap and the Cardinals have more room under it than anyone this offseason and are looking for alternatives to Jake Plummer.

Actually, if I were Cardinals fan, I think i'd be worried no matter what the outcome, stuck with Plummer or have him replaced by Couch LOL.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:37 pm

Well the article says that they may be interested in trading either Couch or Holcombe. I wonder just how serious they are about trading Holocombe though? I think they need to get rid of Couch. Both the Brownies and him would benefit from a change of scenery.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:51 pm

yeah i think couch would be better throwing to boston and Holcomb would be awsome in cleveland and holcomb woundn't be bad for a fantasy team
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:45 pm

FINALLY!!! People are starting to listen to me in Cleveland!!!!!!

Get rid of that hillbilly bumpkin!! Send the broken davenport (fancy words for "Busted Couch") to Arizona!!!! There is no reason to get rid of Holcomb! He has better command of the Cleveland offense than tim-mmaaaayyyyy!! The offense is way more active and willing to play for a guy named Kelly than they are the Dukes of Hazard reject!! Get the guy outta there and let the fun begin!!! Good job Cleveland!!! Start listening to the fans!!!

and when tim-maayy is getting on the plane, I'll be there to hand him a hanky while he's cryin his eyes out!! ya big whiner!!!! :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:33 pm

hmmmm.... browns fan? :-B i agree that they should get rid of couch,timmmayy has been a bust for about 4 years now.. every year they say this is his year, hes coming out this year.. and he always fails to do so :-C
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:54 pm

so you trust putting Tim-maaaay(lol) on a plane, and thinking he'll really go?!?!...IfI were you Slow I'd put him on that bus , strape him in and take him there yourself!!...remember he offered to take a pay cut to stay, Cle may take that into serious consideration since they have cap probs.....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VIPER » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:05 am

Watcha trying to say Dazed they might keep Timm-aaayyy for less money and get rid of Holcomb!! Could be the making of another "great" cap move by a franchise........yep......Just like the BUNGLES!!!! LOL!!!! :-)
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:51 am

VIPER wrote:Watcha trying to say Dazed they might keep Timm-aaayyy for less money and get rid of Holcomb!! Could be the making of another "great" cap move by a franchise........yep......Just like the BUNGLES!!!! LOL!!!! :-)

It's pretty bad when I don't want any part of Couch on the Bengals, so keep him away from here. I'd rather have Kitna.

They can have Akili though :-) What happened to the great QB class of that year: Couch, Akili, Mcnown, Culpepper,.......Ok Mcnabb panned out, but I remember them talking about it being the best class since the heralded 84' class.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:17 pm

Couch has to go. They save cap room and Holcomb and Green in the offense makes them a better team. I have to say that they have other issues to address before they are a contender though.

Couch or Holcomb are not the answer in Arizona. That team is cursed and should be bad for quite some time. B-)
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Plummer

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:25 am

From the article Guttpuppy linked to in his Top 50 FAs:

There's a reason Plummer is first on most free-agency boards. You rarely see young starting quarterbacks on the list. As one GM said to me this past week, "If they're thinking of letting him go, they should first call the Bengals and find out how hard it is to recruit a QB when your team is down." A personnel man I spoke with said, "I can name 10 teams that would drop their QB for Plummer."
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk