What do you think about the Texans' first game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you think about the Texans' first game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you think about the Texans' first game?

Postby cwebb » Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:47 am

David Carr's first TD?
Shockey's impressive performance?

Quite a good game, making me want to see some more, but I'm really wondering about those two guys and where to put them on the draft lists...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ntremain23 » Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:04 pm

If it was me,I would put Shockey as maybe a late round 2nd TE pick.If you've already got a Gonzalez or Jones as your first TE and it comes around late in the draft,go ahead and pick him.For Carr,if you play two QB starters,then I would draft two QB starters,then pick Carr to put on the bench.He could breakout,and if so,you want him there available to you to slide into a starters role on your team.
ntremain23

Friendliness: %

Texans Will Win at Least 1 of 1st Two Regular Season Games

Postby DraftDodgers » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:42 am

The Houston Texans won't have to wait long for that first regular season win. First, they play the Cowboys, now a far cry from America's Team. Then they play against Drew Brees in what will be his 2nd start. It should be a comfort to Carr that the opposing QB is hardly more experienced than he.

In the Cowboys game, I expect E. Smith to make a nice dent in those yards he needs, but the game should still be close enough for the Texans to win.

In the Chargers game, expect the Texans to step it up a notch (especially if they lose to Dallas).

I will eat my umbrella if the Texans don't win one of their first two regular season games.
DraftDodgers

Friendliness: %

Postby Ned » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:51 pm

We've got it in writing, folks, the man believes in what he is saying. But just in case you're wrong, can you send a photo of your gastronomic feat :*) to Arlo and the boys to post on the site? ;-)
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk