PLayers to avoid? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PLayers to avoid?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:14 pm

JerseyBearsGuy wrote:I think I would avoid J. Lewis. Your 1st round pick should be thought of only missing 1 week(the bye week). If his coke, I mean court problems take effect in the middle of the season, he will miss time.
From what I heard the trial was going to be moved back to Feburary because the court was jammed. Which means he wouldn't miss any of the season.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nymnbr1 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:34 pm

indecisiv wrote:
nymnbr1 wrote:imo, you shouldn't NOT avoid marshall, just be sure to draft jackson. he could still put up monster #s. it's not like he doesn't when he's healthy.

i wouldn't touch anquan bolden, steve smith, steven davis, or eddie george.

how do you know for sure that Lamar Gordon wont be the backup? The last peice of info I read about this was that Gordon was outproducing Jackson. If you aren't 100% sure about a backup, then with someone that risky why would you take such a risk? I mean it would be sweet for me to see you take Faulk in the 2nd, Jackson whenever, and then I grab Lamar in like the 18th round and watch him start all year.

first off, just because he's injury prone won't mean that he'll miss most of the season, maybe only his usual 3-4 games. secondly, the rams picked jackson in the first. it won't take much time for a rb to adjust, so unless he looks horrible, i gotta think that they'll want to give jackson some carries since he's more talented than gordon/harris. besides, i heard that martz might use them 2 in the same backfield a few plays
nymnbr1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby indecisiv » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:54 pm

very true. They did draft Jackson in the first. But...the bengals drafted Perry in the first too didnt they? What does that mean for Rudi Johnson? Though the situation is slightly different as they will be battling for a backup role in StL and its the starting job in Cinci. I guess it just depends on how you look at it and what your opinion is. To me its just a little more risk than I would like to take in my drafts. Ive been wrong plenty before and if I'm wrong now than thats fine. But gamble enough and you will lose eventually
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nymnbr1 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:24 pm

indecisiv wrote:very true. They did draft Jackson in the first. But...the bengals drafted Perry in the first too didnt they? What does that mean for Rudi Johnson? Though the situation is slightly different as they will be battling for a backup role in StL and its the starting job in Cinci. I guess it just depends on how you look at it and what your opinion is. To me its just a little more risk than I would like to take in my drafts. Ive been wrong plenty before and if I'm wrong now than thats fine. But gamble enough and you will lose eventually

it's not really a gamble. i wouldn't pick him over shaun alexander or edgerrin james. but if there's nothing but marshall, stephen davis, dillon and then the big dropoff to guys like barlow, kevin jones, staley. marshall is the way to go just for his ability to have 100yds and multi TD games. i'd say he's around the 12th best rb.

perry will not play much unless rudi flops. they drafted him because rudi can become a FA i think after this year or next year, and they don't want to pay him the $ cuz they're not sold on him (just M.O.)
nymnbr1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Smizzy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:42 pm

Geez this topic got lost in the shuffle..
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jbones733 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:50 am

Faulk,
Jamal Lewis (unless he slips)
Vick (injuries scare me)
Shockey (an he handle Coughlin ????)
jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:41 am

nymnbr1 wrote:imo, you shouldn't NOT avoid marshall, just be sure to draft jackson. he could still put up monster #s. it's not like he doesn't when he's healthy.

Double negative. You are saying you SHOULD avoid marshall faulk.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Paladyr » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:44 am

mclellan83 wrote:Lewis isn't gonna put up numbers anywhere close to that. 1) Browns won't let him get that much again 2)all teams are gonna spy more on him 3) (homer turf) but with Blitzburgh back they are gonna shut him down for another 2 games B-)

True lewis probably won't match his 2000 yard performance, but teams ALREADY "spied" on him since for most of the season lewis was their ONLY offense. That isn't going to get any worse.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nymnbr1 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:04 pm

Paladyr wrote:

Double negative. You are saying you SHOULD avoid marshall faulk.

correction, i meant to say you should not avoid.....
nymnbr1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:11 pm

Why wouldn't you draft Jeff Garcia? Or do you keep up on football players sexuality? :-b (Im guessing that may be why you won't draft him)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk