Terrell Davis.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell Davis....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terrell Davis....

Postby Homeless » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:00 pm

Last Friday, Terrell Davis ran for the first time since undergoing microfracture surgery in September. The Broncos trainer, Steve Antonopulos, told the Rocky Mountain News that Davis’ run was “real easy,” and that Davis should be able to increase his rehabilitation in a few weeks. Despite the fact that only one player (Fred Lane) has ever recovered from microfracture surgery well enough to play, Davis refuses to retire. Davis is scheduled to make a wholly unrealistic $4.7 million this year. He’ll need to rework his contract if he wants to avoid being released. If Davis were to retire—voiding the rest of his contract—he’d save the team a whopping $9.9 million off this year’s cap. That money could be used to acquire a high-profile free agent, such as Jake Plummer.
At the Super Bowl, Davis spoke openly about his desire to continue playing football, preferably in Denver. We believe that he will renegotiate his contract and stay with the team.

I sure hope he makes it back, be it at Denver or anywhere else for that matter.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:24 pm

I'd like to see him play too. I don't know if it will be in Denver though, unless he restructures his contract. Also with Portis there will Davis want to be relagated to the back-up role, and vice-versa for Portis? I don't think so. Both those guys want to play. It could get pretty interesting to see how everything shakes down.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:30 pm

personally, i would like to see him comeback, just to prove everyone wrong, but i must admit, the odds are stacked against him.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:09 am

I personally hope he does it. It would be one of those "feel good" stories, and I hate to see injuries shorten guy's careers like that, but I wouldn't bet on it turning out successfully.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:27 am

He should come back..but Denver is not his home anymore...it belongs to Portis....Plenty of other teams need could use him and thats what he should be doing...going to others in need and takeing over the starten Rb postion for them.....Portis should not lose or split carries with him...it not right to do that to Portis...but then again since when do most team in the NFL "do the right thing??"

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indy Dragons » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:22 pm

9.9 million salary cap hit!! I think he should restructure, or retire. I think Davis is a class act, and was the best RB for a while, but I now think his time has gone, and he should sit back and enjoy.

I would love to see him play at the level he used to play at, but if he can only play to the level of a Thomas Jones, I really don't want to see that!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:26 pm

i hope he does get to resurrect his career cuz like Indy said he was a great back at one time. with that much cap room at stake i dont think that he will be in Denver unless he signs for the league minimum. that may be a bit harsh but with Portis running as well as he is then i dont see much room for TD to play there. plus if he ever does come back to solid starter quality there will be a lot of teams tryin to pull him away.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:28 pm

but what teams are gonna take a chance ????...I hope he makes it back too, but I really doubt the guys legs have enough left....and really, anyone could have ran that well in Denver with that O line....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Slingblade » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:43 pm

i would love to see the guy come back...not in denver but another team....i hope he beats emmits big record...just to prove everyone wrong
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dem' Cowboys » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:59 pm

I hope to see anybody as classy as Davis end on HIS own terms. But take my boy Emmitt's record away??????????? I wouldn't go that far. If he comes back, I don't think it will be in a Broncos uniform.
Dem' Cowboys
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk